PDA

View Full Version : Periods?

caffeine
April 6th, 2015, 10:38 AM
I am trying to recover from AN since December 2014, I want my period back, so I stopped restricting and fasting, I'm eating normally, but I am not gaining much weight, I'm still underweight, but I know there are many girls with BMI like mine who have their periods.
Did you get your period back? If so, what BMI were you?
My parents keep stressing me about that because I'm still young and my period is important now, but i think it could be something non BMI related, idk
Do I have to visit a gynecologist or something like that, if my weight isn't the problem? help

xXoblivionXx
April 6th, 2015, 11:58 AM
Perhaps seeing a gynecologist wouldn't be a bad idea. It may be because you stopped getting it for a while and now that you are the same weight it's hard for your body to re adjust

GreenGummyBear
April 7th, 2015, 01:46 AM
As someone else recovering from AN, I'm within the normal BMI range at this point and my period has still not regularly come back. I occasionally get it every few months on my own. I would definitely speak to a gynecologist. Mine gave me medication to induce it every 3 or so months because going longer without it can be detrimental to your health. Hope that helps!

caffeine
April 12th, 2015, 09:39 AM
Perhaps seeing a gynecologist wouldn't be a bad idea. It may be because you stopped getting it for a while and now that you are the same weight it's hard for your body to re adjust

I'm not the same weight, but I'm afraid that I'll be and I won't get my period. I hope it's what you said, thanks for answering!

As someone else recovering from AN, I'm within the normal BMI range at this point and my period has still not regularly come back. I occasionally get it every few months on my own. I would definitely speak to a gynecologist. Mine gave me medication to induce it every 3 or so months because going longer without it can be detrimental to your health. Hope that helps!

Oh, I didn't know medication for periods existed, lol. I hope I'll see a gynecologist soon, thanks for your answer!

fairmaiden
April 12th, 2015, 09:00 PM
I've never had anorexia, but I do have periods so I guess I'll answer lol. Was your period regular before it stopped? If so, then a trip to the gynaecologist wouldn't hurt. If it was irregular before, then maybe it might just take a few weeks/months for it to start again. Either way, if you don't start it within a few months I think you should definitely see a doctor or a gynaecologist about it.

caffeine
April 14th, 2015, 02:15 PM
I've never had anorexia, but I do have periods so I guess I'll answer lol. Was your period regular before it stopped? If so, then a trip to the gynaecologist wouldn't hurt. If it was irregular before, then maybe it might just take a few weeks/months for it to start again. Either way, if you don't start it within a few months I think you should definitely see a doctor or a gynaecologist about it.

It wasn't regular, it kind of stopped slowly, because before this I had my period like normal people do, every month or so, but it suddenly slowed itself until it finally stopped.
I should visit him then, because I'm not menstruating since November...
Ugh. This will be the first time I'll visit a gynaecologist, it kind of scares me tbh

fairmaiden
April 15th, 2015, 12:13 AM
It wasn't regular, it kind of stopped slowly, because before this I had my period like normal people do, every month or so, but it suddenly slowed itself until it finally stopped.
I should visit him then, because I'm not menstruating since November...
Ugh. This will be the first time I'll visit a gynaecologist, it kind of scares me tbh
I've never been to a gynaecologist but don't worry about it! You can go with your mum or if you have an older sister you could go with her too.

justjulia
June 27th, 2015, 12:23 PM
Everybody is different. I lose my period when ever my BMI drops lower than 18.7, and 18.7 is technically a healthy weight. Everybody loses there period at different BMIs so don't compare yourselves to others. Instead, talk to a doctor, it could BMI related or it could be something else. Good luck!

Babs
June 27th, 2015, 05:50 PM
Do not bump threads that have been inactive for over two months. :locked: