PDA

View Full Version : One Point Perspective Help!!

TheFutureDoctor
April 3rd, 2015, 07:35 AM
Yesterday at school, our art teacher started teaching us "one point perspective".
Well, he just explained the horizontal line and the Vanishing Point but that's about it. I didn't understand very clearly. Also, I was unable to ask him due to communication issues (In india, different people speak different languages, where I live, I don't speak that language fluently)
Then, he told us to draw any drawing using the perspective and bring it on the next class. But I now can't remember how to get the Vanishing Point etc.:metal:
:what::what:
So, can anyone PLEASE point me to any tutorial or guide? I googled it but mainly very advanced levels of this perspective came up.
I just need the simple vanishing point tutorial.
Thanks in advance.

xXoblivionXx
April 3rd, 2015, 08:40 AM
Hey samir167ahuja

I remember doing a project like this in my 7th grade art class. You draw a line and make a point (your vanishing point) on the line. All of the shapes look like they are pointed/coming from this point.

here's a tutorial (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlErNRyMTeo) I found. hopefully it helps!

Doc. Maestro
April 8th, 2015, 09:26 AM
Okay, imagine it like this. You draw a line in the top of your page, going all the way across from left to right. You pick a point to be your vanishing point. Now what you want to do is draw a road. so you draw you road and draw it as if it "vanishes" into the distance. It's a thing of perspective, where the further away things are the smaller the appear. The vanishing point is simply the point where everything is so far away it "vanishes" because it's so small. Hope this helps :)

P.S. I may have forgotten some details, forgive me if I did, I learnt this a long time ago