PDA

View Full Version : Uplifting story in progress; never finished ;)

Karkat
April 1st, 2015, 02:26 PM
Ok, I don't know how many of you are aware of the semicolon project, but it is essentially suicide awareness-centered

As some of you may know, I was hospitalized for a major attempt that almost took my life in the beginning of January

Now, I'm employed, I'm in therapy, I'm working my way up to getting my GED, getting my driver's license, moving out, and learning to live a happy life where I am healthy both mentally and physically, and can love myself freely.

In honor of that, I got a tattoo.

http://i61.tinypic.com/2hwl65k.jpg

The 2015 signifies a couple of things: one, that I survived to 18 (happy borthday toooo meeeee), and two, that I am a survivor. Period. That I can do this. It's a reminder to never give up hope.

The significance of the semicolon is a bit symbolic as well. In a sentence, a semicolon denotes that an author could've ended a sentence (in proper usage, the part before the semicolon is a full clause and can stand as a sentence on its own.) but didn't

The semicolon as a symbol denotes that you, the author of your life, the sentence, could've ended it, but didn't.

Now it's not going to be easy. Hell, I fucking GOT FIRED right before getting this tattoo. Same day. Within HOURS, if not minutes.

I've had difficulty with my other job

I've fucked up my back

A LOT of rough things have happened in the two-ish weeks since I've gotten this. But you know what? I'm still fighting because I know good things will come if I hold out for them.

Life can be kind of amazing if you try your hardest to see the roses.

But (cheese time, I'm so sorry [jk lol])

"Eeeeeevery rose has its thorns" (god now it's gonna be stuck in my head.)

So yeah, hope this was interesting/inspiring or some shit

Also, a picture of tat today, for healing reference, in case you're curious.

http://i58.tinypic.com/2jg9jsx.jpg

Vermilion
April 1st, 2015, 02:42 PM
Your story has touch me, I know we don't know each other or anything but it's nice to see that your happy and have got though a really ruff time. You've given me hope and the will not to give up, I think what's made it more touching to me is that your the same age as me more or less.

Karkat
April 1st, 2015, 02:45 PM
Your story has touch me, I know we don't know each other or anything but it's nice to see that your happy and have got though a really ruff time. You've given me hope and the will not to give up, I think what's made it more touching to me is that your the same age as me more or less.

Aww, I'm glad :)

Keep on keepin' on! ^^

Vermilion
April 1st, 2015, 02:47 PM
Aww, I'm glad :)

Keep on keepin' on! ^^

Thanks I will :D

Abhorrence
April 2nd, 2015, 06:05 PM
Nice tattoo, I'm glad you're still here and it is inspiring that you have come this far. I have high hopes for my future.

Luminous
April 2nd, 2015, 06:08 PM
This is really inspiring, and I love the meaning behind your tattoo. Stories like that where tattoos have meanings like that are really uplifting to me, thank you for sharing this.

CosmicNoodle
April 2nd, 2015, 06:38 PM
Hope you can succede in the future, you realy deserve it

Dying Ember
April 3rd, 2015, 10:30 AM
This is really inspirational, thanks for sharing :)