PDA

View Full Version : Planning on trying acid soon

Pulp501
March 30th, 2015, 08:29 PM
I bought 2 tabs and will take it soon and am wondering if anyone else has done it and what it was like and if there is anything in particular to be worried about. Also, I'm finding it difficult to find a friend that can stay with me the whole time, so even if it's better with someone else around is it worth doing it alone? And how long did it last? And I hear it makes you stay up, does it do it well like even if I didn't really sleep much the night before I take it, I would still be up all night?

jordanhardy
March 30th, 2015, 08:51 PM
How about just not taking acid?

ImCoolBeans
March 30th, 2015, 08:52 PM
If you really must do acid, do not do it alone, especially since it's your first time. Be prepared to completely lose touch with your ego, and have your mind wander places you couldn't even imagine. LSD (or acid) is a very misunderstood drug -- it's not sunshine, rainbows, and unicorns -- you're going to think about a lot of crazy shit, some things that you might not want to think about, and some potentially scary shit. You're going to want somebody with you to keep you at least somewhat in reality, because if you do it alone you're going to truly be out in lala land, and you might not enjoy that very much, in fact it has a strong potential to be terrifying.

I don't mean to scare you or anything, but I really hope you know what you're about to do. It's going to last a long time, and you may get sick of being that high for that long a few hours into it, or a few hours before it's actually over. Also be prepared to not sleep at all that night, and there is really nothing quite like an acid hangover, you're probably going to feel very weird, and possibly like complete shit, for a few days. It's not like an alcohol hangover where you're in pain, are achey, or nauseous, or anything, but you're going to feel completely shot like you have used 100% of your energy and are running on E for up to a few days.

I wouldn't do acid unless you're in a strong frame of mind, and are ready to do some of the most serious introspection you can imagine. Like I said, it's a very misunderstood drug, and if you're doing it to see rainbows and unicorns you're going to be in for a shock, it's more of a spiritual journey than anything, one that I don't really condone or recommend to anybody, but it's your life and your choice.

Edit: Depending on how much you take it could last for upwards of 12-18 hours. Two tabs would probably last you around 12 hours depending on how strong it is, and yes, you are going to be up all night regardless of how much sleep you did or didn't get the night before.

Edit 2: I'd also like to mention acid flashbacks... that's actually a real thing. Not just made up drug propaganda, or something strung out hippies talk about. Even if you just do it once, you could potentially have an acid flashback, or multiple, later on in life, where you literally will trip a little bit out of nowhere.

SethfromMI
March 30th, 2015, 09:04 PM
I would not recommend doing it at all, but if you are, take Mike's warning into very serious consideration

Pulp501
March 30th, 2015, 09:59 PM
If you really must do acid, do not do it alone, especially since it's your first time. Be prepared to completely lose touch with your ego, and have your mind wander places you couldn't even imagine. LSD (or acid) is a very misunderstood drug -- it's not sunshine, rainbows, and unicorns -- you're going to think about a lot of crazy shit, some things that you might not want to think about, and some potentially scary shit. You're going to want somebody with you to keep you at least somewhat in reality, because if you do it alone you're going to truly be out in lala land, and you might not enjoy that very much, in fact it has a strong potential to be terrifying.

I don't mean to scare you or anything, but I really hope you know what you're about to do. It's going to last a long time, and you may get sick of being that high for that long a few hours into it, or a few hours before it's actually over. Also be prepared to not sleep at all that night, and there is really nothing quite like an acid hangover, you're probably going to feel very weird, and possibly like complete shit, for a few days. It's not like an alcohol hangover where you're in pain, are achey, or nauseous, or anything, but you're going to feel completely shot like you have used 100% of your energy and are running on E for up to a few days.

I wouldn't do acid unless you're in a strong frame of mind, and are ready to do some of the most serious introspection you can imagine. Like I said, it's a very misunderstood drug, and if you're doing it to see rainbows and unicorns you're going to be in for a shock, it's more of a spiritual journey than anything, one that I don't really condone or recommend to anybody, but it's your life and your choice.

Edit: Depending on how much you take it could last for upwards of 12-18 hours. Two tabs would probably last you around 12 hours depending on how strong it is, and yes, you are going to be up all night regardless of how much sleep you did or didn't get the night before.

Edit 2: I'd also like to mention acid flashbacks... that's actually a real thing. Not just made up drug propaganda, or something strung out hippies talk about. Even if you just do it once, you could potentially have an acid flashback, or multiple, later on in life, where you literally will trip a little bit out of nowhere.

Thanks for the advice, I'll definitely have someone with me. And I understand I might not like it, but I'm no scared of it so I'm gonna try

Kate
March 30th, 2015, 11:40 PM
Before you actually try LSD, I would recommend doing research on it. Along with what Mike said, you can also get "bad trips". Just be aware about that risk of taking LSD. It might not be that "fun" experience that you hope for but instead a living nightmare that you can't escape until the LSD finally wears off. Not to mention you can still get flashbacks to those bad trips. Here's an article on about.com that lists some of the few bad trips people have experienced before http://addictions.about.com/od/designerdrugs/tp/Five-Bad-Acid-Trip-Stories.htm

Axel_
March 31st, 2015, 04:29 AM
Other than curiosity, why do you want to take acid? It has no benefits and will only screw up your mind and body.

jordanhardy
March 31st, 2015, 05:17 AM
Other than curiosity, why do you want to take acid? It has no benefits and will only screw up your mind and body.

Exactly

Periphery
March 31st, 2015, 02:46 PM
I bought 2 tabs and will take it soon and am wondering if anyone else has done it and what it was like and if there is anything in particular to be worried about. Also, I'm finding it difficult to find a friend that can stay with me the whole time, so even if it's better with someone else around is it worth doing it alone? And how long did it last? And I hear it makes you stay up, does it do it well like even if I didn't really sleep much the night before I take it, I would still be up all night?

I would recommend not doing it at all. Drugs are bad man, just...don't do it.

CosmicNoodle
March 31st, 2015, 02:54 PM
-Don't do it alone
-First time? Your gonna be fucked up
-Only take 1 tab
-Tabs are weak so shouldn't be too bad, but it is your first time
-Don't do it again after this

Basically sums up what I want to say quickly.

Pulp501
March 31st, 2015, 03:12 PM

Mostly curiosity, but that's enough reason for me. It's not gonna kill me to try it.

NickTheStar
April 1st, 2015, 02:23 AM
I've done acid. Go into it with a positive and confident frame of mind. If not you will regret it. Don't take both. Be prepared for a eight to ten hour light high if you take one. Two will have a way more vivid and intense trip. Have someone you trust with you in case you trip hard.

ParadiseFalls
April 1st, 2015, 10:48 AM
Acid is a hard drug, not as powerful as it was 40 years ago but still very powerful to the mind. Besides crystallized dmt it's one of the most powerful mind bending drugs out there.

You will need a sitter. I would recommend you do not do it without one. Also if you have never or slightly tired other mild altering drugs I wouldn't start with lsd. You have to be trained in what to expect and work your way up from other drugs like shrooms, weed, lsa before even attempting lsd.

Also you have to be very careful with this drug. It can have permanent results after taking it. At such a young age your brain is still growing. You have a percentage of actually forming mental illness and brain damage from this drug the first time you take it. It's a little like Russian roulette.

Acid or lsd was actually a drug used by the C.I.A in the late 1950's early 1960's during the cold war era. The Military designer drug was given to persons or spies as a sort of truth drug during harsh interrogations.

I've taken extreme forms of the drug. At very strong doses you'll see the world as crystallized with vibrate colors and sounds, later Alien beings will come to you that you never knew were always there, watching you...

Good luck.

Uranus
April 1st, 2015, 12:59 PM
Take it, you gonna get fucked up.
You won't know what's happening.
You'll be shitting yourself with the things you'll see.
Probably gonna get in big trouble.
Then serve jail time.
Then drop out of school.
Move out, making only $5 an hour at a thrift store.
Live in a small ass apartment..
Ask mom for a loan. ..
End up getting more acid.
Early death.

Acid. Very good drug....for fucking your life up

Meh Guy
April 1st, 2015, 06:31 PM

Yeah. What he said. In fact I can't stress this enough: do not do it alone if its your first time. I've done acid a few times before. You see some pretty stupid stuff. I'd recommend not watching or doing anything scary for awhile beforehand because trust me, if you start tripping out like that, you'll be terrified. For me it usually lasts about 9-12 hours. After that you feel like shit for up to a few days. Also, be in a closed environment, you will not be able to hide the fact you're on drugs. And I noticed you said you bought two tabs. I'd highly recommend not even taking half of that on your first try. I did a half and it was enough. Again, for the reason of you not really knowing what you're going to see/think.

Not that I'm recommending you try any drug, but if you're going to do it anyways, I'd suggest trying shrooms or another, less potent hallocinogenic drug to train your mind.

Oh and make sure the person you're with knows how to calm you down. Because... We lets just say the drug can make anything seem very real. Especially if you aren't having the most happy trip.

kryptonite
April 1st, 2015, 09:50 PM
100% absolutely true story here. Please be aware that I'm leaving out certain details to protect those involved, but I swear on my own life that this absolutely happened.

A college-age student had a girlfriend and a perfect life. The girlfriend ended up cheating on the guy with the guy's best friend. The guy and his friend were at a concert festival. The guy ended up doing acid, as he was distraught over the whole girlfriend incident.

People at the concert saw what looked like a stabbing with one of the guys saying "I'm so sorry" over and over again. What they didn't know at the time was that the guy was so distraught over his girlfriend that he ended up doing LSD and stabbing himself (suicide.) The "I'm so sorry" came from his friend as the suicide was taking place.

The cops ended up coming, I think it was shut down early that night, and future editions of this festival haven't been the same. Security has been increased and yeah...it just hasn't been the same, all because someone decided to act rather foolishly.

If you want to do it because you think you're down in the dumps, I'd highly suggest talking to a professional. There are healthy ways to improve your outlook on life.

One drug usually leads to another to another to another to another and eventually your whole life unravels. Don't do it.

PinkFloyd
April 1st, 2015, 10:19 PM
If you absolutely must, just understand the side effects and definite risks and have someone with you.

kanine
April 2nd, 2015, 12:00 AM
This can't be stressed enough DONT DO IT WITH OUT I COMPLETE LY SO BE FRIEND TO WATCHES OVER YOU! Don't let them take the drug with you and make sure they will definately sit with you through the hours that come with it. Honestly I'd prefer you don't do the drug because addiction is a real possibility and the mind can be a scary place but if you really want to do this make sure you're safe. I'm half tempted to tell you to lock windows, cabinets, doors, hide your deadly objects etc. I can't tell you what being on lsd is like but if it's anything like what my mom went through when taking prescribed drugs for her schizophrenia just be warned you can do some serious physical and psychological harm to yourself.

Mad115
April 2nd, 2015, 08:15 AM
Why?

Pulp501
April 2nd, 2015, 05:28 PM
Why?

I want to

Pulp501
April 3rd, 2015, 01:33 AM
So I took it and I guess I'm tripping now and I'm also really stoned and the guys I was with just left me.

Axel_
April 3rd, 2015, 06:41 PM
So..are you planning to try it again or not?

Pulp501
April 3rd, 2015, 07:26 PM
So..are you planning to try it again or not?

No I don't think so, it was really cool, but I don't want to do it without trusted friends and apparently, I don't have any friends I can trust since they left me. If they didn't leave, I would say I'd probably want to do it again but after they left my mood did a 180 and everything was horrible and now I just feel depressed anxious and angry.

Darth Vader
April 3rd, 2015, 07:59 PM
No I don't think so, it was really cool, but I don't want to do it without trusted friends and apparently, I don't have any friends I can trust since they left me. If they didn't leave, I would say I'd probably want to do it again but after they left my mood did a 180 and everything was horrible and now I just feel depressed anxious and angry.

Can't say I blame them to be honest.

Pulp501
April 3rd, 2015, 09:24 PM
Can't say I blame them to be honest.
I can.

ImCoolBeans
April 3rd, 2015, 11:00 PM
Keep this thread appropriate or else it will be locked. I've deleted a few replies.

Babs
April 15th, 2015, 02:13 PM
Hey, just please stay safe with whatever else you might do in the future. Do it in a safe place with people you trust, and don't do it in a bad state of mind. You don't want to deal with the consequences of being reckless while under the influence.

Snydergate
April 15th, 2015, 04:29 PM
I would not recommend this at all......

Pulp501
April 15th, 2015, 09:18 PM
Hey, just please stay safe with whatever else you might do in the future. Do it in a safe place with people you trust, and don't do it in a bad state of mind. You don't want to deal with the consequences of being reckless while under the influence.