PDA

View Full Version : is this sacreligious?

Professional Russian
March 28th, 2015, 06:06 PM
So I just found out that my uncle built YENKO CAMARO for Don Yenko. Anyways since I now know if I ever buy a CAMARO it will be bad ass I want to know if its sac religious to have him build me one of the 427s they put in the camaros and put it in a ford?

Abyssal Echo
March 28th, 2015, 07:01 PM
I wouldn't do it imo if you want a Chevy buy a Chevy. To each his own I guess. many already have put small block chevys in ford mustangs.

KmU7KfdAu2w FTKCsT9uIXc

Professional Russian
March 28th, 2015, 07:28 PM
I wouldn't do it imo if you want a Chevy buy a Chevy. To each his own I guess. many already have put small block chevys in ford mustangs.

KmU7KfdAu2w FTKCsT9uIXc

427 would be a big block would it not? But I just love the look of 70s fords. After that comes square body chevys

Abyssal Echo
March 28th, 2015, 08:01 PM
427 would be a big block would it not? But I just love the look of 70s fords. After that comes square body chevys

yes the 427 is a big block. AKA Chevys Rat motor.

Professional Russian
March 29th, 2015, 08:49 AM
yes the 427 is a big block. AKA Chevys Rat motor.

427s a little small for a rat rod if you ask me. 820 sounds better for a rat rod....but that's a little excessively big for what I want. Since 427s came stock in select few camaros I know I can drop in a truck body....also there were bigger engines in trucks suck as the ford 460 or the 8.0 dodge V10 so 427 should in a truck

CosmicNoodle
March 31st, 2015, 07:09 PM
427s a little small for a rat rod if you ask me. 820 sounds better for a rat rod....but that's a little excessively big for what I want. Since 427s came stock in select few camaros I know I can drop in a truck body....also there were bigger engines in trucks suck as the ford 460 or the 8.0 dodge V10 so 427 should in a truck

I'm just sitting here laughing at how tiny car engines are, a few days ago I was in a workshop with a piston from a cargo ship...I could walk across it...those things are mesured in metres cubed XD

More on the topic, the chances are a 427 big block is more than enough, but personally I'd go for something like Chevy LS9 6.2L crate engine, but price is a problem there XD Probably the best place to find an old big block is to go to your local junk yard and start wrenching on an old motor home or school bus or something. That's what I did when I needed big horsepower for low cost, went and found an old dump truck with a fucked wiring loom and basically dropped the motor. But doing that brings the problem of finding mounting hardware.

Professional Russian
March 31st, 2015, 07:31 PM
I'm just sitting here laughing at how tiny car engines are, a few days ago I was in a workshop with a piston from a cargo ship...I could walk across it...those things are mesured in metres cubed XD

More on the topic, the chances are a 427 big block is more than enough, but personally I'd go for something like Chevy LS9 6.2L crate engine, but price is a problem there XD Probably the best place to find an old big block is to go to your local junk yard and start wrenching on an old motor home or school bus or something. That's what I did when I needed big horsepower for low cost, went and found an old dump truck with a fucked wiring loom and basically dropped the motor. But doing that brings the problem of finding mounting hardware.

I want special 427. Go look up the yenko camaros. I want a 427 from one of them except tuned up alittle

mrmee
April 7th, 2015, 10:07 PM
do you have any idea how many mustangs have a small block chevy 350 in them? Neither do I, but it's a lot. Anyone bashes on it, just tell them chevy makes a good engine and ford made a good looking car.