PDA

View Full Version : My plane landing vid

Gumleaf
March 26th, 2015, 10:14 PM
I recorded the landing of my Qantas A380 plane into Los Angeles a few weeks ago using the skycam option on the entertainment unit. This is it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aezPppon3TI

Plane And Simple
March 27th, 2015, 11:17 AM
Thanks for remembering! That's cool to see. A little crosswind from the right side but still relatively smooth.

Malcolm Tucker
March 27th, 2015, 07:14 PM
Nice video. The flaps noise is just as loud as when I was on the A380 a while back, would certainly wake me up after a flight that long!

Uranus
March 27th, 2015, 07:17 PM
This is awesome!

SethfromMI
March 27th, 2015, 07:27 PM
it is kind of cool to see. nice video !

TheBigUnit
March 29th, 2015, 02:35 PM
I recorded the landing of my Qantas A380 plane into Los Angeles a few weeks ago using the skycam option on the entertainment unit. This is it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aezPppon3TI

What brings you to LA? haha, this videos awesome a380 is massive!! what time did u leave Australia? the time in LA was only 6:30 or something haha

Gumleaf
March 30th, 2015, 03:14 AM
Thanks for remembering! That's cool to see. A little crosswind from the right side but still relatively smooth.

Yes, that seemed to be the case. The overall flight was mostly smooth except for passing around the edge of some tropical storms around the equator (according to the captain in his announcement before landing). But I had pretty decent comfort levels over the Pacific with not much turbulence.

Nice video. The flaps noise is just as loud as when I was on the A380 a while back, would certainly wake me up after a flight that long!

Yeah, it's a bit of a turn off when you hear them extending on approach to land.

What brings you to LA? haha, this videos awesome a380 is massive!! what time did u leave Australia? the time in LA was only 6:30 or something haha

It was a stopover location on the way to New York City. Left Sydney almost 14 hours earlier or 4.45pm the afternoon before LA time.

TheBigUnit
March 30th, 2015, 05:54 PM
It was a stopover location on the way to New York City. Left Sydney almost 14 hours earlier or 4.45pm the afternoon before LA time.

Always thought it was crazy how time changes like that even after a long flight, does qantas fly to new york?

Gumleaf
March 31st, 2015, 01:45 AM
Always thought it was crazy how time changes like that even after a long flight, does qantas fly to new york?

Yes they do. One flight a day to and from Los Angeles, connecting with Australian flights from Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane.

badpig316
April 8th, 2015, 10:55 AM
Thats awesome. Its like flight simulator X:cool:

Canadian Dream
April 9th, 2015, 12:46 PM
Omg so jealous XD. Awesome video, I wish I could get on one of those.

BlackParadePixie
April 11th, 2015, 01:21 AM
That is so cool! I didn't know planes had that option...

Gumleaf
April 11th, 2015, 07:03 AM
That is so cool! I didn't know planes had that option...

Only this type of plane has that option. But yes, so very cool. :)

dazzawazza
April 12th, 2015, 11:28 AM
Wow this is awesome just wish i could do it one day touching down in LA as a pilot would be awesome...

hyperdude
April 16th, 2015, 06:58 PM
what if the plane was about to crash.. the passengers can watch it all on tv as their last image?? omg :eek:

BlueFoot
May 20th, 2015, 05:33 AM
Wow I've never seen a plane with the camera on it like that, I wish they all had it cause that is so cool

BlueFoot
May 20th, 2015, 05:34 AM
what if the plane was about to crash.. the passengers can watch it all on tv as their last image?? omg :eek:

That happened before actually in the 80's they made planes with the camera pointing at the ground with a giant screen at the front and it crashed, they scrapped the whole lot, I thought they stopped making planes with them before I saw this. Still cool though

sweettayla
May 21st, 2015, 08:06 AM
Cool video, l've been from Perth to Denpasar, Bali heaps of time but there's no video on the planes on that route.