PDA

View Full Version : Is this even normal?

samantha27
March 20th, 2015, 11:22 PM
I have been dealing with most of these odd thoughts for the past two years or so, but they have only gotten worse recently. Here are just a few of the things:
1. I worry that people around me can read my mind if they get too close to me, or look me in the eyes.
2. Whenever I am using the computer or watching TV, I always look around to make sure nobody is around but me.
3. I sometimes hear real-life people (mainly celebrities I don't like) saying weird things to me in my head. I often cover my ears so they will "stop"?
4. I check things constantly to make sure I remembered to do them, or that I did them properly (like proofreading this text too many times.)
5. I am very shy about certain things... such as my extremely pathetic crush on a celebrity who is 25, almost 26! I can't believe I just said that.

I am very sorry if I wrote too much, or if it was confusing. I am just curious if this behavior is normal. Is it a phase, or could it be something else? Thank you.

Abhorrence
March 21st, 2015, 08:23 AM
1. That's a sign of paranoia or a mild paranoia. Well it's not for definite, but it sounds it.
2. Another paranoiac sign :P
3. Sounds odd, I've not heard of that before.
4. That could be OCD but tbh, I'm a lot like that and I don't have OCD. It's most likely just your personality.
5. That's fine, another personality trait.

Vermilion
March 21st, 2015, 08:32 AM
I think you should see a doctor about number 1 and 3. I do number 2 when I'm home alone or watching a horror film and number 4 I also do before I leave for college I check my bag like 3 times within a minute and my pockets every couple of minutes. Number 5 is normal a lot of people have crushes on celebrity

SethfromMI
March 21st, 2015, 08:38 AM
1-4 are signs you should maybe see a counselor. sounds like paranoia and possibly OCD (which actually can fit in with paranoia)

Jordan W.K. White
April 1st, 2015, 07:11 PM
Aside from "hearing voices" which could actually be down to an audiographic memory, you're a teenager now. Alot of them things occured during my early teens and the perfection one is still with me today which actually helps me at work.

However, if you feel you are in need of help you may see a counselors advise, but they will more than likely say the same.

Goodluck,
Jordan.

tiffany1
May 1st, 2015, 02:01 AM
+1 for a doctor

Andyyy95
May 2nd, 2015, 04:05 AM
I have been dealing with most of these odd thoughts for the past two years or so, but they have only gotten worse recently. Here are just a few of the things:
1. I worry that people around me can read my mind if they get too close to me, or look me in the eyes.
2. Whenever I am using the computer or watching TV, I always look around to make sure nobody is around but me.
3. I sometimes hear real-life people (mainly celebrities I don't like) saying weird things to me in my head. I often cover my ears so they will "stop"?
4. I check things constantly to make sure I remembered to do them, or that I did them properly (like proofreading this text too many times.)
5. I am very shy about certain things... such as my extremely pathetic crush on a celebrity who is 25, almost 26! I can't believe I just said that.

I am very sorry if I wrote too much, or if it was confusing. I am just curious if this behavior is normal. Is it a phase, or could it be something else? Thank you.

Number 4 is me 24/7, I always check everything like 100000000 times (and yet I still manage to forget stuff...)
Number 5 happens to everybody I think? Like everybody has their own (celebrity) crushes right? Whether you consider it pathetic or not...
Number 2 sounds like you're just privacy-aware I suppose? I used to do that quite a lot as a kid...

Numbers 1 & 3 could be triggered by a life event that may have happened to you? If it's been going on for a while, I think you should see a doctor/counsellor about it and see what they have to say.

All the best,

Andy

benbeny
June 19th, 2015, 01:44 PM
1-3 seems like schizophrenic to me
4 like OCD
maybe you should be tested?