PDA

View Full Version : vBulliten Activity And Awards

Uranus
March 19th, 2015, 08:55 PM
I figured something like this would be a good idea. What this is, is a mod that keeps track of a users daily, weekly, and monthly activity, by percentages and such. And parts show up underneath our avatar in posts right underneath our join date, posts, blogs, ECT.

It also give awards for many things.

Here's a screenshot http://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/screenshots/3/31.png

And obviously the source http://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/product/3-vbactivity-awards/
I thought this might be a fun little idea.

Horatio Nelson
March 19th, 2015, 08:59 PM
This honestly sounds like a terrible idea. It is just a breeding ground for spamming and hurt feelings. This isn't the point of VT, we're here to help each other, not have "x" amount of whatever pointless statistic. I can't speak for everybody, but this is how I feel personally.

phuckphace
March 19th, 2015, 09:18 PM
I agree with Zach, it's about what you post, not how much

xXl0sth0peXx
March 19th, 2015, 09:38 PM
Exactly what is said above. It's about quality over quantity. I'd imagine this turning out somewhat like rep where people are all about the highest. As Zach said, it'd essentially be encouraging spamming. I don't see this being added.

SethfromMI
March 19th, 2015, 09:41 PM
I don't think it is a totally terrible concept, but I completely understand the concerns had about it

DerBear
March 20th, 2015, 03:16 AM
I personally feel people have been a tad harsh in this thread. Its a good idea in theory as everyone likes to see user activity and trophies can be a cool way of doing this and add a form of Meta-game so to speak to VT. It isn't a bad idea.

However I don't think a lot of people have the maturity to handle such a system --I'm not insulting anyone-- but if we look at how the rep system went down then its evident people cant handle it well.

Since this is user individual focused and can't harm anyone else it might work differently. The only thing people could do is spam, which could ruin the system.

Uranus
March 20th, 2015, 07:32 AM
I personally feel people have been a tad harsh in this thread. Its a good idea in theory as everyone likes to see user activity and trophies can be a cool way of doing this and add a form of Meta-game so to speak to VT. It isn't a bad idea.

However I don't think a lot of people have the maturity to handle such a system --I'm not insulting anyone-- but if we look at how the rep system went down then its evident people cant handle it well.

Since this is user individual focused and can't harm anyone else it might work differently. The only thing people could do is spam, which could ruin the system.

Thank you! I do understand that there is a risk because it is very similar to the rep system, and yes, people spamming and such, to get far up there. I knew there was a small chance, but I thought it would be very enjoyable, if it wasn't abused.