PDA

View Full Version : Camera

ChromeCrow
March 17th, 2015, 09:23 PM
I'm looking for a nice camera, cheapish, but can still take nice quality photography. Can you give me links to good cameras that you guys have used? Or if someone is selling a used camera? thanks

Uranus
March 18th, 2015, 10:36 AM
I think lightPainting will have the answer :D

Abhorrence
March 18th, 2015, 12:31 PM
I like the Canon EOS cameras.

Hideous
March 18th, 2015, 03:14 PM
Nikon Coolpix L330 or the Canon PowerShot SX520

Good quality cameras at decent prices.

StoppingTime
March 18th, 2015, 03:46 PM
How much are you willing to spend dollar wise? You could always get a used DSLR or one that's a few years old; I have an old Nikon D90 (which is about seven years old) that I'll still use from time to time, and it still takes good pictures. While it's nice to have a new one too, if you're really just looking for something to start with, going that route may not be a bad idea.

Now if you're looking for something more serious/long term and aren't too serious about manual settings and things like that, maybe consider a mirrorless camera like a Nikon 1 (not sure if it's within your price range). These cameras are a "step below" DSLRs - as the name suggests, they don't have a mirror that reflects onto the sensor, among other things, that DSLRs have. That aside, they're great cameras as they support different lenses. Think of it as a pretty advanced point-and-shoot camera - it takes pretty good pictures, but it's not a DSLR.

lightPainting
March 18th, 2015, 08:21 PM
I'm looking for a nice camera, cheapish, but can still take nice quality photography. Can you give me links to good cameras that you guys have used? Or if someone is selling a used camera? thanks

I think lightPainting will have the answer :D

haha i sure do :D. and this is good for anyone out there who's looking to really get into photography. On amazon get the canon 40d...used. its like 170$. then get the 17-50 sigma lens, used. its probably 250$. you WILL be happy with the results. (just copy and past what i just said to anyone who asks "i want to get into photography, what camera do i get?")

however if you just want to take photos here and there. get this. http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-WB350F-16-3MP-Digital-Optical/dp/B00HV6KK0G/ref=sr_1_9?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1426727419&sr=1-9&keywords=camera+samsung