PDA

View Full Version : Filters

Uranus
March 17th, 2015, 06:21 PM
Soooo, another random thought. I get them alot. Anyways.

This is very similar to my thread about P101 threads. Basically, I'm not sure if its possible, but the idea of uploading photos, VM's, having to be approved might help. For P101, have a filter for all threads there, and if the filter reads enough words that would be inappropriate(Like excessive amounts of words not related to puberty), that thread would have to be approved before it is made public, and all others are fine. This might be a way to cut down on the inappropriate threads for P101. Just a random idea so yea

StoppingTime
March 17th, 2015, 07:16 PM
I mean the idea itself isn't bad, but the actual implementation of such a s system isn't really possible. As the forum is right now, we could (but won't be) send all threads to a "moderated" section before they're public like with VMs and photos, but given the number of threads created per day and the fact that staff members have lives...this isn't really practical :P

Even if such a filter existed, it'd be hard to implement, anyway. You can't really just specify words and frequency and then have an algorithm decide whether or not it's appropriate, language is more complicated than that, people speak/post differently, etc.