PDA

View Full Version : Can I get a bit of critique please?

Karkat
March 14th, 2015, 02:49 AM
Ok, so I posted a few videos recently. I'd like to hear a little feedback on them.

Remember that the intent of the performance should count as well- I don't try to be spot-on technical when I sing songs that are more about power and energy. It'd be kind of irrelevant to put the bar higher for me than even the original artist.

You don't even have to answer all of it if you don't want. :P

Anyways.

LQ2YwuZNMuI

What it is: A medley of Nero's songs. Arranged by yours truly.
What I want critiqued:
-Originality/artistry (Compared to the originals, how much did I make it my own without drowning out the original?)
-Vocal technique (general)
-Pitch
-Modulation
-General appeal

-What did I do well in this song?
-What needs the most improvement? (Other than flow- that's tricky for me, sorry. I do try.)

MYNZEp7-2O8

What it is: A cover of Hole's Violet. Not meant to be technical, but emotive.
What I want critiqued:
-Energy
-Power
-Emotion/sincerity
-General appeal

-What needs the most improvement?

Jsz9unpeg34

What it is: A cover of Bloc Party's Banquet. Not meant to be technical, but energetic and enjoyable.
What I want critiqued:
-Energy
-Power
-Performance (Did I look like I was being overindulgent? Did I look like I was enjoying the experience of performing?)
-General appeal

-What needs the most improvement?

---

Bonus, applicable for all:

-What would you, as my 'audience', suggest I do differently to appeal to others as an entertainer?
-In your opinion, is it good or bad to cover songs that are based on synthesized instruments on real ones? (E.g, Nero is dubstep generally- I turned the medley into more of a rock arrangement.)
-Is it more important for an entertainer to be technical, and have an amazing voice, or have personality and be able to make the audience enjoy themselves?
-Is modern popular music heading in a good direction? What would you personally change?

---

Anyways, thanks guys! Hope you enjoyed.