PDA

View Full Version : How does it feel?

etfboy
March 13th, 2015, 04:00 AM
How does it feel to have bipolar? i wanna know cause i am not diagnosed yet and i wanna know if i have the same feeling

ChaosEarthquake
March 13th, 2015, 09:11 AM
Everyone diagnosed with bipolar disorder feels differently.

For me, it's like I'm on a carousel.
Sometimes, I'll be really hyped up but then soon I will get depressed and have SH thoughts or suicidal thoughts.

etfboy
March 16th, 2015, 09:40 AM
okay can someone tell me the difference to that to being

that happy guy then suddenly becoming depressed.

i know someone will tell me to go to the doctor haha but hey im just askin

ImCoolBeans
March 16th, 2015, 09:59 AM
People who are bipolar don't typically go through a mood swing in the snap of a finger, or go through multiple in a day. Someone who is bipolar will be very depressed for a period of time, and then will experience mania, an extreme high rather than a low, for another period of time. Sometimes it can be weeks/months, sometimes more or less. It really depends on the person. There is a disorder called cyclothymia that is related to bipolar disorder, which involves drastic mood swings that occur more frequently than they would if the person was bipolar. Somebody who is cyclothymic will generally say that he/she is bipolar.

However, I would not jump to any conclusions about yourself possibly being bipolar. It's easy to ask Dr. Google questions, but even when you do that you leave conclusions to yourself, and people are often harder on themselves than a doctor would be, who is looking at you slightly more objectively. If you're concerned that you may be bipolar, talk to your doctor about it. You can also talk to a general practitioner about it, he/she can then refer you to a psychologist or counselor if you want to see one.

etfboy
March 18th, 2015, 07:35 AM
ok...cool another knowledge to me aha! but anyways i don't really wanna go to the doctor unless theres a 80-20 chance that i might have some problems...The reason is if I don't have any problems then what the hell am i feeling all this time? am i just forcing myself to believe i am bipolar cause i want people to understand why im like this?There are many what ifs bothering me..