PDA

View Full Version : Rejection (My Story)

Melodic
March 12th, 2015, 09:47 PM
For the longest time, I've always thought of myself as just an singer. I never thought I could get into the world of acting or dancing because many told me I didn't know how. I went through countless amounts of plays always getting an understudy role or being put in ensemble. Which in general, if you get it once or twice, it's okay. But I was so insecure because it happened every time I auditioned. Usually my theatre teachers didn't think I had what it takes to be in theatre. But finally, after 2 years of not being apart of a program, this week, I chose to take the time to audition for a play at a local theatre program. Guess what? I didn't just get into the play, I got a role with lines and all.

So, this is an uplifting story for me in a way because I realized to never let rejection control you. Your talents, your passions, and your goals will be a benefit to somebody else eventually. This can be for a job, college, or even a relationship.

JamesSuperBoy
March 12th, 2015, 11:10 PM
So true its good you kept on trying and now have this reward and I hope more to come.

Thanks for sharing.

DylanDanger
March 13th, 2015, 12:03 AM
congrats! its good you have used the no's from past auditions as motivation to keep trying and didnt let them stop you :)

tasminsmith
March 13th, 2015, 11:30 AM
congrats and good luck

azure moonstone
March 14th, 2015, 12:33 PM
It's great that you were able to step out of your comfort zone and succeed, Madie. :)

Microcosm
March 14th, 2015, 11:46 PM
That's so great! I'm happy you decided to give acting another shot! Best of luck to you! :)

Melodic
March 15th, 2015, 12:56 AM
So true its good you kept on trying and now have this reward and I hope more to come.

Thanks for sharing.

congrats! its good you have used the no's from past auditions as motivation to keep trying and didnt let them stop you :)

congrats and good luck

Congrats Madie and good luck with the play

It's great that you were able to step out of your comfort zone and succeed, Madie. :)

That's so great! I'm happy you decided to give acting another shot! Best of luck to you! :)

Thanks everybody! :)

dysterian
September 27th, 2015, 07:11 PM
Inspiring :)

thefemina
October 15th, 2015, 04:18 PM
Very inspirering.. I personally never let a "no" have an impact on myself either

Abhorrence
October 15th, 2015, 06:58 PM
Inspiring :)
Please do not post in threads with two months or longer of inactivity. :locked: