PDA

View Full Version : Whos your favorite author / novelist and why?

Jason The Great
March 6th, 2015, 01:54 PM
These are sophisticated fellows , these writers. Their hands are source of magic and sometimes what they write is so beautiful and majestic that could hypnotize you.

I , myself , like Stephen King the most. His books ; IT . The Green Mile , Carrie , The Shining , Mr. Mercedes etc are tremendous.

how about u guys?

Kahn
March 7th, 2015, 02:51 AM
Marcus Aurelius is far and away my favorite writer, meditations being my go to book when I'm in a pickle.

Snowfall
March 7th, 2015, 03:15 AM
Isaac Asimov and Jeffrey Archer.
Can't pick between either, but both are my favorites in their own rights. Both are masters of plot and twists, and I can claim both are major influences in my writing and how I go about it.

Emerald Dream
March 7th, 2015, 03:19 AM
The White Padded Room :arrow: The Open Book

This is probably better suited here. :)

cami
March 7th, 2015, 09:18 AM
I don't think I have one, but the ones I enjoy the most are Asimov, Coelho, Tolkien and S. King.

onewingedangel666
March 7th, 2015, 10:22 AM
Tolkien- he created the modern fantasy Genre and wrote one of the (if not THE) most popular fantasy stories.

Melodic
March 7th, 2015, 09:06 PM
I have many. John Green, Rainbow Rowell, Sarah Dessen, and Nicholas Sparks are my favorites.

IconoclasticHeretic
March 8th, 2015, 03:13 PM
It's so hard to pick just one and stick with it so my answer might be different next week. But I'm leaning for Aldous Huxley, at the moment. Doors of Perception is my Bible and Brave New World is my Revelation.

Saint of Sinners
March 17th, 2015, 04:38 AM
Mike Mullin or Michael Grant. Maybe Max Brooks.

ally-mai
May 3rd, 2015, 01:11 PM
I love Infinite Sky by CJ Flood. Its the most amazing book ever!

Microcosm
May 3rd, 2015, 02:38 PM
Marcus Aurelius is far and away my favorite writer, meditations being my go to book when I'm in a pickle.

While not my favorite writer, Aurelius' Meditations is a wonderful book. Very inspiring.

I'm not sure I have a favorite writer... I don't think I read enough books to know. Perhaps one day I will get one though.

Snydergate
May 27th, 2015, 10:34 PM
Tolkien has got it in my top spot, The Hobbit is my favorite book of all time and the only book I have ever re-read. Although his excessive description and lack of dialogue is the only thing I don't enjoy

Judean Zealot
June 27th, 2015, 06:22 PM
Plato. Hands down.

Plutarch, Maimonides, Descartes, and Machiavelli get honorable mention.

DriveAlive
June 27th, 2015, 06:27 PM
Isaac Asimov, Hunter S. Thompson, Raymond Chandler, Dashell Hammet, and Ernest Hemingway

Desuetude
August 15th, 2015, 06:36 PM
Currently its Linwood Barclay. I read No Time For Goodbye when I was about 12 and I've just gotten back into crime books, he's got such a creative mind I don't understand how he comes up with his storylines and characters. He's definitely one of my favourite authors.

wolf g
August 16th, 2015, 04:29 AM
every book i read i didn't see the other because there are a lot of books i used to read them