PDA

View Full Version : My Story (first time I'm sharing it publicly...)

DylanDanger
March 5th, 2015, 05:06 PM
First time I am sharing this publicly but hopefully it can help someone see that things do get better...

I joined in May, but didn't post until recently because some things had happened. About a week or two after i signed up, i was in a car accident. My grandpa and I were hit by a drunk driver. It was almost a head on crash, but the passenger side of the car, my side took the brunt of it. i was in the hospital for over a month and a half and had multiple surgeries. I ended up loosing both my legs below the knee. I became an amputee and thought my life was over.

But after lots of grief and depression people helped me realize i have a second chance at life. Yes it sucks, but it wont change, so might as well make the best of it. I have become a really positive person, and my mom having a friend who had been through similar definitely helped.

You gotta make the best of what is given to you, and find what motivates you. for me it is proving people wrong. If people or drs say there are things i can't do, that motivates me to do it. They said would take well over a year until i will be able to use prosthetics, but like 10 months after accident i am almost to the point i can use them full time. I am going to find a way to do everything i used to whether it be skateboarding or soccer I will do it.

it is also important to focus on what you can do and not just what you can't do, and that is why i got so into music. Music helped me deal with everything. It helped take the mental and emotional pain away. And if i do say so myself i an really good at it lol

Going through this, even though i had been super depressed i was never suicidal. I made it through everything. and if i can, so can you. you just have to know things do get better, you just got to keep hope. Trust me. Use all the doubts people may have as fuel to do great things and make them look stupid for ever doubting you. things really do get better. If i can make it through this, you can make it though too.

also please don't say sorry to hear. I don't want pity. I'm not sharing my story for sympathy, im sharing to help others :)

Double posts merged. ~Hannah

Bmble_B
March 5th, 2015, 05:07 PM
Thanks for sharing your story :) This was very uplifting and I'm glad you're still staying positive. Kudos to you! :D

DylanDanger
March 5th, 2015, 05:12 PM
thanks. i figured why hide what im missing and what i went through, maybe i can help someone else :)

JamesSuperBoy
March 6th, 2015, 07:40 AM
thanks. i figured why hide what im missing and what i went through, maybe i can help someone else :)

Thats great you can do that and share here how things are. I always think a hobby or pastime is good and playing guitar is great.

kissban
March 6th, 2015, 07:44 AM
( I ) ( bow )

DylanDanger
March 6th, 2015, 01:01 PM
thanks guys :)

hitman73
March 6th, 2015, 02:06 PM
thanks, a nice story :)

DylanDanger
March 6th, 2015, 08:37 PM
thanks hitman, just want people to know things get better and life moves on

chrisawesome
March 6th, 2015, 10:11 PM
Congratulations on you achievements after the accident. I cant even imagine having to deal with that myself, I would feel the exact same way you did feeling like your life has come to a roadblock. Just the basic things non amputees can do, we just take for granted. Moving forward and doing things you did before and even not before must be so rewarding. You seem to bounce back well. How's your grandpa? It's always drunk drivers who cause so much tragedy.

DylanDanger
March 6th, 2015, 11:36 PM
my grandpa was fine, he just had a broken leg and a concussion. my grandpa is in his 50s so not like he is elderly and frail so he recovered well :). yea the trial for the guy is coming up. his lawyer has kept getting it pushed back.

DoodleSnap
March 7th, 2015, 08:28 PM
An incredible and uplifting story. I also agree that music is an amazing thing for expressing one's-self emotionally!

DylanDanger
March 7th, 2015, 11:04 PM
An incredible and uplifting story. I also agree that music is an amazing thing for expressing one's-self emotionally!

thanks DoodleSnap :) yea music is amazing

davidsp
March 12th, 2015, 02:58 PM
Thanks for sharing that Dylan. It's inspiring and I think you are very brave. I know you said you don't want sympathy but, I don't know if you are a believer, I'll pray for you that God give you the strength to achieve anything you want. :)

DylanDanger
March 13th, 2015, 12:18 AM
Thanks for sharing that Dylan. It's inspiring and I think you are very brave. I know you said you don't want sympathy but, I don't know if you are a believer, I'll pray for you that God give you the strength to achieve anything you want. :)

Yea i do consider myself a christian. and I do believe there is a reason i survived and that is why i'm not dwelling on the accident and determined to do everything i can and be as active as i used to be.

tasminsmith
March 13th, 2015, 12:28 PM
wow fairplay *claps*

Vermilion
March 13th, 2015, 12:53 PM
An incredible story i couldn't imagine coping in the same situation. I'm truly touched. Thanks for sharing your story.

DylanDanger
March 13th, 2015, 12:58 PM
An incredible story i couldn't imagine coping in the same situation. I'm truly touched. Thanks for sharing your story.

you are welcome :) and i am so happy no one has said "i'm sorry for what you went through" i hate when people say things like that. yea it sucked, but i am still alive and still able to do things and in like a week and a half i'll be using prosthetics. accident could have been a lot worse :) i hate pity and people feeling sorry for me!

SethfromMI
March 27th, 2015, 06:46 PM
First time I am sharing this publicly but hopefully it can help someone see that things do get better...

I joined in May, but didn't post until recently because some things had happened. About a week or two after i signed up, i was in a car accident. My grandpa and I were hit by a drunk driver. It was almost a head on crash, but the passenger side of the car, my side took the brunt of it. i was in the hospital for over a month and a half and had multiple surgeries. I ended up loosing both my legs below the knee. I became an amputee and thought my life was over.

But after lots of grief and depression people helped me realize i have a second chance at life. Yes it sucks, but it wont change, so might as well make the best of it. I have become a really positive person, and my mom having a friend who had been through similar definitely helped.

You gotta make the best of what is given to you, and find what motivates you. for me it is proving people wrong. If people or drs say there are things i can't do, that motivates me to do it. They said would take well over a year until i will be able to use prosthetics, but like 10 months after accident i am almost to the point i can use them full time. I am going to find a way to do everything i used to whether it be skateboarding or soccer I will do it.

it is also important to focus on what you can do and not just what you can't do, and that is why i got so into music. Music helped me deal with everything. It helped take the mental and emotional pain away. And if i do say so myself i an really good at it lol

Going through this, even though i had been super depressed i was never suicidal. I made it through everything. and if i can, so can you. you just have to know things do get better, you just got to keep hope. Trust me. Use all the doubts people may have as fuel to do great things and make them look stupid for ever doubting you. things really do get better. If i can make it through this, you can make it though too.

also please don't say sorry to hear. I don't want pity. I'm not sharing my story for sympathy, im sharing to help others :)

that really is inspiring man and your story has/can/will help so many people:D. wish you the best

That's the Spirit
March 27th, 2015, 06:53 PM
Yea i do consider myself a christian. and I do believe there is a reason i survived

Oh the power of science and medical discoveries :_)

Miserabilia
March 27th, 2015, 07:31 PM
That's really inspiring because it makes me realize that if even something like that doesn't set you back the little things shouldn't set us back.

DylanDanger
March 28th, 2015, 10:14 PM
Oh the power of science and medical discoveries :_)

I know science and medical discoveries helped me survive, but i do think too that everything happens in life for a reason. i'm not saying god saved my life.

SethfromMI
March 29th, 2015, 04:55 PM
I know science and medical discoveries helped me survive, but i do think too that everything happens in life for a reason. i'm not saying god saved my life.

I would. it doesn't mean God doesn't use science/medical technology to help save people because he He does. I think it is wonderful you are able to have such a perspective on life. like I said, good for you man :)

DylanDanger
April 3rd, 2015, 09:36 PM
I would. it doesn't mean God doesn't use science/medical technology to help save people because he He does. I think it is wonderful you are able to have such a perspective on life. like I said, good for you man :)

that is a good point, i didnt think about it that way. :)

NickTheStar
April 4th, 2015, 02:01 AM
Motivational AF.

kanine
April 4th, 2015, 02:05 AM
Just come here so I can hug you for being amazing

DylanDanger
April 4th, 2015, 02:08 AM
Motivational AF.

Just come here so I can hug you for being amazing

Thanks guys :) always nice to know people don't think less of me :)

Axel_
April 5th, 2015, 02:10 PM
Your story is really touching. I'm glad you are happy again and the pain is over. I agree 100% that everybody has a second chance of life they just have to pursue it. Thanks Dylan and wish you the best. Also keep on singing!

SethfromMI
April 5th, 2015, 06:54 PM
Thanks guys :) always nice to know people don't think less of me :)

I don't know how anyone could think less of you for this. the way you are responding to all of this is truly inspirational. you are going to be able to help so many people with your story. the only people who will think less of you for this are idiots whose opinions are not important to begin with

DylanDanger
April 6th, 2015, 12:51 AM
I don't know how anyone could think less of you for this. the way you are responding to all of this is truly inspirational. you are going to be able to help so many people with your story. the only people who will think less of you for this are idiots whose opinions are not important to begin with

thanks again :) i am now walking full time with prosthetics :) so nice to be more active again!

SethfromMI
April 6th, 2015, 07:19 AM
thanks again :) i am now walking full time with prosthetics :) so nice to be more active again!

You're welcome :). and I saw that, that is so amazing! keep being an inspiration man :)

MrIncredible
April 7th, 2015, 03:08 PM
I love how optimistic you are after all of this it's really cool because most people would be down and out but you're up and about literally that's very inspirational I love to hear things like this it's amazing and motivational you're one Awestruck dude😃

DylanDanger
April 8th, 2015, 11:47 PM
Thanks :) I got to the point where i was like why dwell on what i can't change. I luckily have amazing family and they were a great support system and didn't pity me or feel sorry for me and i think that helped a lot.

KeeganW
April 22nd, 2015, 04:51 AM
You are amazing dude! You and your story I bet will help lots of people.

DylanDanger
May 21st, 2015, 10:41 PM
One of my mom's friends is a professional motivational speaker and he is going to help me with doing speeches and help me get started doing them if I want to. Could be fun so think im going to take him up on his offer.

Trickythetiger
May 22nd, 2015, 12:26 AM
Wow. Amazing you pulled through real well, and I'm sure your story will help many others. :)

Body odah Man
May 22nd, 2015, 12:16 PM

Good you got through that man. Respect and kudos

mcloete
June 9th, 2015, 01:42 AM
Great story, thank you for sharing

Primenumber
June 20th, 2015, 01:45 PM

Wish i had some of your positivity...
And BTW i really like your music:)

Jaffe
June 20th, 2015, 02:57 PM
Wow. Awesome how you figured out how to deal. I can't - and probably no one can - really understand unless something similar has happened to them. But definitely inspiring. Makes the stupid little shit most of us get depressed over seem kinda trivial, gives us good reason to get our head out and move on.

Thanks for being strong enough to share with us.

Dalton504
June 21st, 2015, 08:58 PM
Wow, such an amazing, inspirational story! Thanks for sharing!

Anastaysha Marie
July 2nd, 2015, 08:19 PM

I love your story! :wub::P I also love your music! I commented on your Amazing Grace cover...so amazing btw...I might seem like a creepy stalker, but your so friggin' talented for a 14-year-old!

dysterian
September 27th, 2015, 07:01 PM
awesome story!:whoops:

CupcakeLuv101
October 4th, 2015, 10:20 PM
Your story actually inspires me so much I agree so much with "focus on things you can do and not things you can't". Thank you so much for posting this actually made my day.

I wish you the best in the future and god bless xo