PDA

View Full Version : was this sexual abuse?

FuwaFuwaKitteh
March 3rd, 2015, 08:25 PM
okay, when I was ten-ish I was laying down and my uncle came up behind me and started um (this sounds lame) "spooning" me I guess. he wrapped his arms around me and started rubbing me. I asked him to let me go but he said no. I eventually go up and slept with my sister. I feel like its minor but the touching is something that haunts me still to this day. I also feel like he was drunk and this sorta thing went on a lot when I was a child (the drinking and creepy guys). I don't know what to think about this experience but there's images I can't get out of my mind and it really has been bothering me for a few years. I usually say it was an accident (which is most likely true) and that he didn't do anything major so it doesn't fall under the catergory.

if you have any answers or experiences it would be nice to get feedback :)

Melodic
March 3rd, 2015, 09:57 PM
I don't have any experiences myself. I can tell you though, any type of sexual touching without your consent is considered sexual harassment. It doesn't matter if it was full on sex or just once. It still was wrong.

FuwaFuwaKitteh
March 4th, 2015, 09:37 AM
I don't have any experiences myself. I can tell you though, any type of sexual touching without your consent is considered sexual harassment. It doesn't matter if it was full on sex or just once. It still was wrong.

okay, I never really understood what I should say about it, I was little and I guess I never knew how to tell someone what happened. you're right, when you touch a child its wrong.

Abbeys
March 5th, 2015, 10:54 AM
It clearly was some kind of sexual assault and it's left you emotionally scarred.

Did it happen just the once and you mention other guys as well?

The thing is,close relatives,like some uncle's think they have a right to touch you in what under normal circumstances would be,inappropriate.

If he was drunk he may even not have known he was doing it.

As long as he hasn't bothered you since,maybe you should try and come to terms with it.

FuwaFuwaKitteh
March 5th, 2015, 11:37 PM
It clearly was some kind of sexual assault and it's left you emotionally scarred.

Did it happen just the once and you mention other guys as well?

The thing is,close relatives,like some uncle's think they have a right to touch you in what under normal circumstances would be,inappropriate.

If he was drunk he may even not have known he was doing it.

As long as he hasn't bothered you since,maybe you should try and come to terms with it.

yeah my parents use to have parties every night and guys would hit on me and make rude comments. I think it was an accident and should maybe just talk about it.

MeliWelli
March 6th, 2015, 07:57 AM
It just sounds wrong. Your uncle shouldn't have done it. No one should touch you without your consent. I am sorry you had to experience that.

jessie3
March 6th, 2015, 08:09 PM
Yeah i definitely would say that you were sexually harassed. To me it sounds like he groped you.

Whether if he was drunk or not he still harassed you.

DayintheCity
March 10th, 2015, 11:07 AM
It sounds like it too me. I'm sorry it happened to you. If you ever need to talk, we're all here.

ChaosEarthquake
March 11th, 2015, 12:57 PM
If it leaves you emotionally scarred or hurt, it is abuse.

SethfromMI
March 12th, 2015, 08:24 PM
yes it was and it would be very understandable if you told someone

tasminsmith
March 13th, 2015, 11:29 AM
yes if your confident enough you should tell someone about it

jenni31
April 29th, 2015, 03:39 AM
by all means that was sexual abuse your uncle violated your private space and he had no right doing that you need to report him even though he is your uncle anime cos people in your family not to believe you I don't give a shit you report him that was wrong and you get strong and you get your bestest friends behind you when you do this tell your mom tell your sister you need to report him because if you don't he will continue to do this to you and others

Uniquemind
April 29th, 2015, 11:22 AM
Keep in mind though that if this happened a long time ago getting justice in a court of law will be very difficult and probably won't happen because of evidence being lost.

Regardless you should tell your parents about all these experiences of abuse at the hands of this uncle and other people as well.

You implied there were others who abused you as well.

mrjc
June 8th, 2015, 07:55 AM
if you didn't want it then he has no right to touch, I would say he was trying to get your reaction and so telling him to get off is the right thing and he was wrong to try

Hey_123
June 10th, 2015, 08:30 AM
Yes that was sexual abuse. Depending on how long ago it was you could prosecute him.

Legs
June 15th, 2015, 06:38 PM
I have never been sexually abuse, but what you described sure sounds like you were sexually abused by your Uncle.It doesn't matter if he was drunk when doing what he did and it doesn't matter if it was major touching. He still made you uncomfortable and also you told him to stop and he didn't. That is totally wrong on his part.