PDA

View Full Version : My Music- Covers ans Originals

DylanDanger
March 2nd, 2015, 05:33 PM
Since saw other people share their music here, figured I would too. Hope you guys like!

Feedback is appreciated! Working on some more original songs for a small album :)

Here is the link: https://soundcloud.com/dylandanger-1

I'm also attaching an mp3 file you guys can have if u want lol A cover of the song Ain't No Sunshine. its one of my first songs i recorded.

Plane And Simple
March 3rd, 2015, 02:17 PM
As I said in the other thread, you rock (no pun intended, really). I feel the guitar sort of overlaps your voice in some of the songs but i'd put the blame in the equipment you record with, so no biggie.

Keep it up!

DylanDanger
March 3rd, 2015, 02:26 PM
As I said in the other thread, you rock (no pun intended, really). I feel the guitar sort of overlaps your voice in some of the songs but i'd put the blame in the equipment you record with, so no biggie.

Keep it up!

thanks! i have tried recording guitar and voice separately but didnt like result cause i found it hard to sing without playing guitar lol. kept singing off time without playing at same time to keep me on time. yea i am also saving up allowance to get better mic and stuff since just using my computer lol. and my mom's friend has a recording studio and he says when i have 5 or more good original songs he will record me for free. so soon i should have better quality stuff lol.

Plane And Simple
March 3rd, 2015, 02:33 PM
thanks! i have tried recording guitar and voice separately but didnt like result cause i found it hard to sing without playing guitar lol. kept singing off time without playing at same time to keep me on time. yea i am also saving up allowance to get better mic and stuff since just using my computer lol. and my mom's friend has a recording studio and he says when i have 5 or more good original songs he will record me for free. so soon i should have better quality stuff lol.

That's awesome! You might want to try a somewhat cheap external mic if you're using the built in one. They're not too expensive (maybe what, $10?) and might give you a decent quality, and if not you could always get your money back.
It's the first time i've heard it's easier to sing while playing guitar :P but the same effect would happen if you recorded both separately, it's the mic reaching it's limit, and that's somewhat inevitable.

DylanDanger
March 3rd, 2015, 02:56 PM
That's awesome! You might want to try a somewhat cheap external mic if you're using the built in one. They're not too expensive (maybe what, $10?) and might give you a decent quality, and if not you could always get your money back.
It's the first time i've heard it's easier to sing while playing guitar :P but the same effect would happen if you recorded both separately, it's the mic reaching it's limit, and that's somewhat inevitable.

I know i was talking to a friend at school and she asked me to sing a song and i told her i couldnt without my guitar to play and she thought i was crazy and said most people find it harder to play guitar and sing at the same time lol. there is a usb mic i really want that is for home recording but it is like $60. I have tried the cheap mics. that's what i use now. and works better when i have it positioned well but hard to get the perfect position so it picks up my vocals more than guitar.

JamesSuperBoy
March 3rd, 2015, 03:00 PM
I find it better to play and sing at the same time as well. but I just know a few songs I can play good. Never tried recording.

DylanDanger
March 3rd, 2015, 03:08 PM
I find it better to play and sing at the same time as well. but I just know a few songs I can play good. Never tried recording.

you should! i originally did it so i could hear myself so i could see what needed to improve and then started putting them online. it definitely helps being able to hear yourself cause you will hear things to improve on.

Plane And Simple
March 3rd, 2015, 03:16 PM
I know i was talking to a friend at school and she asked me to sing a song and i told her i couldnt without my guitar to play and she thought i was crazy and said most people find it harder to play guitar and sing at the same time lol. there is a usb mic i really want that is for home recording but it is like $60. I have tried the cheap mics. that's what i use now. and works better when i have it positioned well but hard to get the perfect position so it picks up my vocals more than guitar.

Yeah, it's good though! Whenever you save for it then it'll be much much better but it's pretty fine now :)