PDA

View Full Version : Threatened to be raped.

sarah newman
March 2nd, 2015, 04:48 PM
Hey, I dunno if this is the right place to put this but I'm really scared.

I was at work and I served this 60 year old man. Out of the blue he threatened to walk me to prison, rape me and give me a Turkish bath after. I have to give the police a statement so hopefully he will be banned from the shop.

My question is this: was what he threatened illegal? I have had mixed answers, but the majority say it was. I need to know for sure.

I've been told not to worry but I'm very sensitive and worry about anything.

Thunderstorm
March 2nd, 2015, 07:16 PM
That's verbal abuse and threats like that are serious. Yes, it was illegal, considering you don't even know him.

You have a right to be worried. However, I think with a restraining order you will be safe.

Uranus
March 2nd, 2015, 07:34 PM
As Jake said, it's verbal abuse and a threat. And threatening to rape someone is very very serious and should be taken care of immediately, because you don't know whether or not he's serious. You should definitely contact the police and have them take care of the situation. However, as much as I hate saying this, I disagree with Thunderstorm on one small part. Even with a restraining order, you might not be entirely safe. Any man or woman who even considers rape is sick and deserves to be locked up.

Thunderstorm
March 2nd, 2015, 07:41 PM
As Jake said, it's verbal abuse and a threat. And threatening to rape someone is very very serious and should be taken care of immediately, because you don't know whether or not he's serious. You should definitely contact the police and have them take care of the situation. However, as much as I hate saying this, I disagree with Thunderstorm on one small part. Even with a restraining order, you might not be entirely safe. Any man or woman who even considers rape is sick and deserves to be locked up.

Bright_Nights that is very true, she may not still be safe. I just don't want her to lose sleep over this. I doubt the guy even knows her name.

Uranus
March 2nd, 2015, 07:43 PM
Thunderstorm yes, same as well. We don't want her to lose sleep. Still, rape isn't something to joke about, even if that's what he was doing.

OSUBuckEyes
March 2nd, 2015, 09:10 PM

I was at work and I served this 60 year old man. Out of the blue he threatened to walk me to prison, rape me and give me a Turkish bath after. I have to give the police a statement so hopefully he will be banned from the shop.

My question is this: was what he threatened illegal? I have had mixed answers, but the majority say it was. I need to know for sure.

First of all I'm SUPER sorry to hear that you had to go through this. Don't worry if it's legal, illegal, WHATEVER, just tell the cops what happened and let them decide. If in the meantime you need some muscle to protect ya... well, then holla achya boy!

JamesSuperBoy
March 2nd, 2015, 09:11 PM

I do not know where you are but as you have to give the Police a statement and quite correctly so they in the first instance will decide the question of breach of the law. I guess and can only guess that mostly then the Police refer the case to a prosecutor. Contact the police again if you are worried.

SethfromMI
March 2nd, 2015, 10:07 PM
try to rest easy, but if you have enough info, I wouldnt be afraid o report the guy to the police

Deleted User
March 9th, 2015, 01:05 PM
Technically, that is sexual harassment which is something you can be charged with and arrested for. If it were really an issue, you could file a restraining order but this guy doesn't know you, you don't know him and, truthfully, he may be a mentally ill man who just said something nasty if it was really so out of the blue.

If you called the cops, that's really the best you can do and for now, maybe carry your keys around while you're walking around outside your workplace, just in case he were to come back and follow you.

I've had guys seriously sexually harass me in the past and I've never seen them again. Best just try to make sure you're always aware of what's going on around you and keep yourself safe and don't be afraid to call the cops again if you ever feel threatened in a situation like that.

I'm really sorry that happened, he's clearly a creep, ill or not.

jessie3
March 9th, 2015, 09:25 PM
Yes, what he did was illegal. He offered you to take you to a Turkish bath to in my opinion make you feel relax and calm and then possibly take you over to his house in which he then threatened you by rape and jail time.

Like Thunderstorm had mentioned, you might consider getting a restraining order against him but a piece of paper telling you to stay away isn't at all going to stop a person. Just be careful of your where abouts and if needed to, don't hesitate to call the police. Try carrying pepper spray or a weapon if you feel like It's necessary.

riverboy
March 9th, 2015, 09:36 PM
If he comes into the shop call the police and don't be alone with him. If you have to, leave for a safe place .

Cognizant
March 9th, 2015, 11:15 PM
Technically, that is sexual harassment which is something you can be charged with and arrested for. If it were really an issue, you could file a restraining order but this guy doesn't know you, you don't know him and, truthfully, he may be a mentally ill man who just said something nasty if it was really so out of the blue.

If you called the cops, that's really the best you can do and for now, maybe carry your keys around while you're walking around outside your workplace, just in case he were to come back and follow you.

I agree with this.
Regardless, I can relate to the OP's situation as being unnerving and stressful. I haven't ever been sexually harassed, but it is something I would take very seriously. If I were the manager of the store and he was doing that to one of my team members, I would've asked him to leave or I would've personally taken him and (literally) shoved him out of my store. I honestly wouldn't care if I lost my job as long as my employees and customers were safe and comfortable. I'm really sorry you've had to go through this, OP. You have my support and if you need anything just let me know.

DayintheCity
March 10th, 2015, 11:08 AM
People think they can joke about anything these days and get away with it by saying their "edgy"

Noody
March 16th, 2015, 03:34 PM

A threat like that is 100% illegal. Definitely report it and go through and legal channels there are. Hopefully you can get a restraining order on him so that he legally can't come within a certain distance of you. Maybe he was just a horny old man, even so, it's still unacceptable.

WanderingHeart
March 16th, 2015, 07:14 PM
If some old creep is threatening to rape you, that's definitely illegal. Don't hold back in giving the statement, make sure he is banned from the shop. And keep yourself protected!

Uranus
March 16th, 2015, 07:34 PM
I hope everything is ok. But now that I think of it, you shouldn't worry. He's 60! :P

ChaosEarthquake
March 17th, 2015, 04:42 PM
First of all I'm SUPER sorry to hear that you had to go through this. Don't worry if it's legal, illegal, WHATEVER, just tell the cops what happened and let them decide. If in the meantime you need some muscle to protect ya... well, then holla achya boy!

I agree ^^

Tifany
April 15th, 2015, 03:04 AM
I think it was a serious threat and you should contact police as this man can be harmful for any one.

Hey_123
June 10th, 2015, 05:47 PM
I'm sorry you are going through this. It was illegal. Report him to the police and file for a restraining order.

Uniquemind
June 10th, 2015, 07:41 PM
Also contact your boss and tell them what happened and work out some sort of buddy system and communication system for traveling to and from work.

And if God forbid something happens, your social network will know to alert authorities immediately.

Aww dang it I bumped and old thread...well not super old but 3 months old.

I wonder if this girl's safe though, anybody do a follow up?

Legs
June 15th, 2015, 07:24 PM
It was definitely a serious threat that should be taken seriously. I am glad you contacted the Police and are giving them a statement.

DriveAlive
June 15th, 2015, 08:20 PM
Do not take this lightly at all. This is very serious. You need to immediately go the the police and see if you can press charges. Im sure you are not old enough, but find out if your family owns a gun, and if so, ask your parents to help you familiarize yourself with the gun. Also, talk to your employer and try not to be alone in the store or after work. Any real friend at the store will walk you to your car after work. I don't what to scare you, but I sorta do. I really think you can't take these threats as a joke and you need to do everything you can to make sure that you are safe.