PDA

View Full Version : Psychedelics/hallucinogens

Akatosh
March 2nd, 2015, 04:40 PM
It looks like most of the posts on here are about alcohol and weed. That's totally fine, of course, but I was wondering if anyone on here had any experience with hallucinogens.

I ask mostly because I just had a horrible experience with pysilocybin, magic mushrooms. I was stupid and had way way too much, 7 grams, and it completely dismantled my world. I was alright the next day, don't get me wrong. It was the "during" that was terrifying. I didn't have a moment of peace. My brain would not stop actively dismantling every thought or feeling I'd ever had. I couldn't tell where my body ended and the rest of the world began. Powerful ego death, I thought I was going to actually die, I was crying and pleading to god to let it be over so I could have peace in my mind and I'm not even religious.

Definitely catharsis, I did end up getting a lot off my chest that I was too afraid to confront, but it wasn't worth it. I paid $45 to have a near death experience. Going to take a long break from mushrooms, might leave them for good. I don't know. It was one of the scariest things to ever happen to me.

Has anyone else got any experience with acid, mushrooms, or some of the less popular hallucinogenic drugs out there? How much did you do? What did you experience?

Lofiel
March 3rd, 2015, 11:36 PM
First of all, this isn't really the right forum for this sort of discussion.

Secondly, never take a higher dose than suggested for a first time when you do research online for anything as you more than likely will have a bad reaction. I know you're not going to stop because I say so, but definitely use some harm reduction for your own sake.

phuckphace
March 4th, 2015, 10:26 AM
I've been curious to try LSD and shrooms but stories like this are pretty off-putting tbh. although honestly you probably overdid it with that 7 g's and likely would've had a better experience had you paced yourself. if I do ever try either substance I'm going to do it somewhere I'm completely comfortable and relaxed, and start small.

Akatosh
March 4th, 2015, 05:35 PM
I've been curious to try LSD and shrooms but stories like this are pretty off-putting tbh. although honestly you probably overdid it with that 7 g's and likely would've had a better experience had you paced yourself. if I do ever try either substance I'm going to do it somewhere I'm completely comfortable and relaxed, and start small.

Most people don't go further than 3, I did over double the "usual" dose. My story isn't representative of the substance. Be careful, though, they can mess with your psyche a lot more than you may expect.

Akatosh
March 4th, 2015, 05:36 PM
First of all, this isn't really the right forum for this sort of discussion.

Secondly, never take a higher dose than suggested for a first time when you do research online for anything as you more than likely will have a bad reaction. I know you're not going to stop because I say so, but definitely use some harm reduction for your own sake.

Whoop, sorry, didn't read this. It wasn't my first time, just my first time taking that much.

I didn't realize this wasn't the right forum for this sort of discussion. It's the drug forum, isn't it? I'm not promoting their use so much as attempting to start a dialogue. If it's in the wrong place, though, I apologize. Still new.

JamesSuperBoy
March 4th, 2015, 05:40 PM
Whoop, sorry, didn't read this. It wasn't my first time, just my first time taking that much.

I didn't realize this wasn't the right forum for this sort of discussion. It's the drug forum, isn't it? I'm not promoting their use so much as attempting to start a dialogue. If it's in the wrong place, though, I apologize. Still new.

Welcome to Alcohol, Drugs and Meds

This is the place to ask for any help concerning Medication and Drug usage and can be used as the following:

For you to explain about any experiences with drugs.
To give or ask for help or guidance about medication you are on and its side effects
To give or ask for help or guidance concerning drug taking

However the following are not to be done under any circumstances:

Promoting Illegal drug usage. Asking questions about or posting a personal experience of an illegal drug is perfectly fine but positively promoting it is a serious offense and breakage of this rule will result in an infraction.
Giving or promoting false information. If you feel you can help someone then please do, but make sure all your information is from a reliable source or experience.

http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/announcement.php?f=40&a=263

Idk seems ok to me -

Note This is intended to help the OP not back seat modding.

deadpie
March 5th, 2015, 09:27 AM
I ask mostly because I just had a horrible experience with pysilocybin, magic mushrooms. I was stupid and had way way too much, 7 grams, and it completely dismantled my world

This is the issue. Five grams is determined to be a strong dosage so taking as much as you did for your first time is obviously going to be too overwhelming. I don't think I would ever take that much. Anytime I've done it, I've taken what is called an extremely light dose of .75 to 1g and was fine. A lot of people say that PTSD and mushrooms don't mix, but I guess I'm lucky.

I think another thing about drug use in psychedelics is that teenagers are pretty careless and put themselves into dangerous situations. I went to a school for kids trying to get sober, so I know all about people trying to show off, taking like a sheet of acid, which is absolutely insane and unreal. That same kid is now schizophrenic because of his stupidity fucking with acid. I don't want to sound like I'm encouraging, but I don't want to say I'm completely against drug use. For me, mushrooms has always been healing and spiritual. For some people, they freak the fuck out because the loss of ego is too much for them. I don't think young people should use psychedelics at all. Even if you have supervision from a friend who's sober, I still wouldn't say that's a good idea, because your friend is a teen like you and who knows what he/she may do to mess with you while your under the influence.

Basically, don't be a fool. Don't take gigantic doses. Do your research, know the dangers and what the drugs actually DO to your mind. Psychedelics mostly control you. It's not always a psychedelic experience more than it is a brain massage. Death of ego, loss of speech, lightness of body, .. A lot of people take these huge doses because they want to see stuff and freak out. That's not the point. Hallucinations and freaking out is not fun. The bigger the dose the more hardcore the mind experience is. Which is why they say people with trauma shouldn't take it. The more you take, the more confrontational the experience is.

Just be safe, don't be dumb. If you think it's too risky, then just don't do it.

Sordid Saint
March 12th, 2015, 02:37 AM
I haven't had an experience where I've felt like I was dying or I was wicked scared or anything but I have had very very intense and vivid trips before. If you're having those experiences with them then I really wouldn't continue doing them. Like deadpie was saying, they are best for using as a healing method or a vehicle for spiritual experiences. If you're looking for just a fun high, and I'm not accusing you of doing that, you won't get what you're looking for and probably have a bad time because you won't be expecting what actually happens to your mind and ego.

Abhorrence
March 12th, 2015, 11:47 AM
Never tried anything like that. Would be an experience but I doubt I will.

IconoclasticHeretic
March 13th, 2015, 05:57 PM
Sounds like you had an opportunity for personal growth regardless of how idiotic you were with the dosage. In learning not to take risks like that and also the issues you confronted during your trip/emotional rollercoaster, I would say that you are a better person today than you were before taking them. LSD, psilocybin mushrooms, and peyote (though that's more of a cultural use, difficult to acquire if you're white) are consciousness expanding drugs and open your mind to new ways of thinking. I've been told - though you should take it at face value - that there's no such thing as a bad trip with mushrooms because if you have a negative time, it's because you've encountered something that you don't like about yourself. Though, as deadpie stated up above, I would highly recommend staying away from it if you have any kind of neurodivergent disorder (such as PTSD). I had a friend named Dylan who was extremely neurotic and was on some sort of mood stabilizers and he flipped shit, thinking he was dead and I was the devil or some shit. It got really scary to the point where I was afraid I'd have to defend myself. So there are plenty of horror stories out there.

However, I've done mushrooms three times(never more than 3g) and LSD twice(never more than 3 tabs) and every time - excluding the last part of the time with Dylan's bad vibes - I had a glorious and eye opening experience where I learned about myself and others on a more personal level. I try to avoid use of psychedelics often, however, because I've come to understand why many cultures used it as a holy sacrament and not some fun shit to do for kicks.

In the future, if anyone in this thread wants to try it, it's all about set and setting.
Set is your mental and psychological state going into the trip. Past traumas, wracking guilt, mental disorders, and negative frames of mind don't mix well with psychedelics. I would recommend meditating or listen to soothing music as you enter into your trip to have the right set.
Setting is your environment. That is location (safety, light, sound, etc.) and the people in it. Don't do psychedelics with people you're not extremely comfortable with. Don't do psychedelics in public places. Don't do psychedelics with people you barely know.
As long as your set and setting are right, you should be in for one of the happiest and most fulfilling moments of your entire life.