PDA

View Full Version : Is there a point when you can tell when you are about to get drunk?

Mynameisdean
February 27th, 2015, 02:14 PM
Hello. Im going to a party for the FIRST TIME IN YEARS and its not one of them baby ones like pass the parcel. Its going to have alcohol and everyone is going to get wasted.

Thing is, I don't want to get drunk; I have a lot of secrets to hide and I want to know if there is a point which I should stop? Like is there a feeling like you need to pee?

At what point do I stop drinking?

TredOut
February 27th, 2015, 02:59 PM
Keep moving around. If you'll sit down you won't notice that you are getting drunk and it will just hit you when you stand up. I don't know how much will get you drunk when you have a low tolerance... 10 shots maybe?

Mynameisdean
February 27th, 2015, 03:50 PM
Keep moving around. If you'll sit down you won't notice that you are getting drunk and it will just hit you when you stand up. I don't know how much will get you drunk when you have a low tolerance... 10 shots maybe?

Oh man, I hope I can control myself... Damn, probably fly to Australia if I can't...

TredOut
February 27th, 2015, 04:40 PM
Oh man, I hope I can control myself... Damn, probably fly to Australia if I can't...

You shouldn't worry if you get drunk or not, most people go through it. It's not like you will start telling all your secrets as soon as you get drunk lol. It doesn't work like that.

Abhorrence
February 27th, 2015, 06:57 PM
You are totally still in control when drunk, you don't completely go overboard and just spill that you murdered your neighbour's cat when you were six. Or any other deep dark secrets...

I doubt you actually did that but loool idc

Beth
February 27th, 2015, 07:03 PM
Alcohol is not the best choice. Not trying to sound like a smartass but if you don't want to get drunk don't drink.

Mynameisdean
February 28th, 2015, 06:03 AM
You are totally still in control when drunk, you don't completely go overboard and just spill that you murdered your neighbour's cat when you were six. Or any other deep dark secrets...

I doubt you actually did that but loool idc

Woah, no wayyyy lol :D.

Probably going to keep drinks to a minimum. :P

Stronk Serb
February 28th, 2015, 10:36 AM
Ok, don't mix drinks, ESPECIALLY beer and the strong stuff like whiskey or vodka, also if you start drinking beer, stay on it or pause a few hours with the booz a few hours, take a leak and grab the strong stuff if you want to. Same should be done vice versa. Also don't change the type of drink, if you drank 10 shots of whiskey it would be a bad idea to take something else except water/mineral water. Also avoid soda stuff because they have sugar which will get you drunk faster.

SethfromMI
February 28th, 2015, 12:34 PM
Alcohol is not the best choice. Not trying to sound like a smartass but if you don't want to get drunk don't drink.

very logical advice. some people have no problem of course but others cant stop once they start. if you (the OP) is going to a party where everyone is going to get wasted, it will make things harder. be smart and if you do drink at all, force yourself to set limits

Karkat
March 1st, 2015, 12:02 AM
-Everyone is different. You may be a lightweight and get hammered after a beer or be able to down moonshine like it's water

So try to stay a bit aware of how you feel always

-When I know I'm about to be drunk I get emotional. Sad, angry, batshit crazy and happy and bonkers. Also, I get dizzy and tired. I am also more relaxed- no anxiety, talkative, bold.

It varies with everyone once again, but these seem to all be pretty common.

Good luck

Mynameisdean
March 3rd, 2015, 02:54 AM
Well, I don't really remember much but I can still remember being at least conscious and being able to control myself to an extent. Although, I was forced to sit down and given water so I maybe could've said something there.

Ive gone back to school and everyone just says I was fucked. I'm really interested and somewhat worried what I said during that. Maybe, my friends are being polite and nor saying it. I don't know!

Yolo its Millie
June 28th, 2015, 08:29 AM
When you spew

Babs
June 28th, 2015, 10:59 AM
Do not bump threads that have been inactive for over two months. :locked: