PDA

View Full Version : Divergent: Which Faction Are You In?

Excalibur
February 25th, 2015, 10:38 AM
So I've been reading a lot in the Divergent series lately, and I'm absolutely loving it. I zipped through the first book and I'm on my way to the second one. And if you've also read it, or at least seen the movie, then you would know that there are five different factions that the city is divided into: Amity, Abnegation, Dauntless, Candor, and Erudite.

Amity is the faction dedicated to peacefulness, kindness, friendship, and forgiveness. They believe in love, not war, and their faction is truly democratic, voting on everything they do. They will often lie to avoid confrontation and their bread is embedded with peace serum, preventing Amity members from fighting. Their attire consists of red and yellow and their substance in the Choosing Ceremony is soil.

Abnegation is the faction dedicated to selflessness and simplicity, always putting others before themselves. Initiates are forced to reject a life of vanity and self-indulgence, protecting themselves from a selfish life of greed and envy. Mirrors, gossiping, and buying luxury items are strictly forbidden. Their attire consists of gray and their substance in the Choosing Ceremony is stone.

Dauntless is the faction dedicated to bravery, courage, and fearlessness. The members are thrill-seeking warriors, lethally strong and practically immune to threats. During initiation, potential members go through harsh physical training and fear simulations, a mental task designed to prepare people to overcome their worst fears. The Dauntless attire consists of black, tattoos are a staple, and their substance in the Choosing Ceremony is coal.

Candor is the faction dedicated to honesty and trust, believing that honesty and openness is the key to a more peaceful society. They believe in fairness and are always seeking the truth, a trait that makes them brutally blunt and able to read body language to detect lies. Their attire consists of black and white and their substance in the Choosing Ceremony is glass.

Erudite is the faction dedicated to astuteness, curiosity, and intelligence. They are in constant pursuit of knowledge and they can be found with a book in hand at any given moment. Theyre power-hungry and thirsty for authority, often sacrificing themselves into moral corruption. Their attire consists of blue, glasses (no matter how perfect their vision), and their substance in the Choosing Ceremony is water.

Now that you know some about each of the factions, it's your turn to decide: Which Faction do you belong in? I'd love to know your answers, and if you answer Divergent (a mix of two or three of the factions) please specify which factions you think you would classify yourself as. If you want to take a quiz to find out what you are, here's the link (http://divergentthemovie.com/aptitudetest).

As for me, I've taken several quizzes and I always turn out as Dauntless or Amity, so I'm probably Divergent, a mix of the two.

G'day!

Luminous
February 25th, 2015, 10:54 AM
I'm Amity. I've taken multiple quizzes and all have come out with that and I also see it in myself that I would do anything to avoid conflict.

EDIT: By the way, that official quiz only comes out with answers for Divergent, so unless your percentages are really close, you're probably just the one with the highest percentage.

azure moonstone
February 25th, 2015, 12:41 PM
http://i.imgur.com/n4nFxZw.jpg

Divergent - Amity/Erudite - sounds about right :)

amgb
February 25th, 2015, 04:07 PM
Oooooh divergent. I also got Dauntless and Amity. Well Amity sorta kinda equalled out with Candor.

Elysium
February 25th, 2015, 04:08 PM
I haven't taken any quizzes, but I think I'm Amity. If not, then Erudite.

tasminsmith
March 13th, 2015, 12:26 PM
taken a few tests always either candor/dauntless once erudite lowest is always abnegation or amity

Horatio Nelson
March 13th, 2015, 12:48 PM
Got divergent, scoring highest in abnegation and amity.

DylanDanger
March 13th, 2015, 01:09 PM
Dauntless and Erudite were both pretty even for me so prob divergent

Typho
March 13th, 2015, 02:24 PM
http://i.imgur.com/l7eFY2O.png
A mix of Amity and Erudite

fairmaiden
March 14th, 2015, 12:33 AM
lmfao i'd like to say abnegation but i know that when push comes to shove i'll leave pingu on train tracks if needs be

Saint of Sinners
March 17th, 2015, 03:56 AM
Apparently I'm Erudite. Surely i'm not THAT power hungry XD

JVTeen
March 23rd, 2015, 08:07 PM
I'm Divergent. (Shhhh Don't tell anyone) I'm Dauntless,Erudite and Candor :)

Abhorrence
March 27th, 2015, 04:46 PM
I'm apparently Divergent - amity and erudite.

Desuetude
March 27th, 2015, 08:18 PM
Hahaha I got Amity and Abnegation on the quiz and I'm certain that those are the 2 factions I would definition NOT be in. Actually Candor can be ruled out and unfortunately Dauntless too (that's always been my favourite), I guess I'd maybe be Erudite but honestly I'd probably be Factionless, I barely fit any of those labels.

ValentinClarke
March 29th, 2015, 09:34 AM
I have been seen as Dauntless, Amity, Erudite, Abnegation and Candor. I have all these traits. However I think I would join Erudite, then defect somehow to Dauntless. I like the idea of being free and being brave and living life to its limits.

City Kid
April 10th, 2015, 12:41 PM
http://www.fotos-hochladen.net/uploads/divergentmhf5jrpy07.png

I don't get why Dauntless is in second place, I'm really not brave at all.
If I lived in the world of Divergent I would have chosen Candor even if the test suggests otherwise. I don't like that you have to be friendly to everyone when you're in Amity and I would never even survive the initiation in Dauntless. I also couldn't see myself studying all the time or running around in grey clothes trying to please everyone. Candor just seems to have the best way of living, even if it would be difficult at first to be honest all the time.

ally-mai
April 18th, 2015, 06:39 PM
I'm Amity (Even though technical ly we're all Divergent) because I'm loud!

Fritos43
April 18th, 2015, 09:59 PM
I got Erudite, Dauntless, and Candor. I'm kind of a lying coward, so I'll stick with intelligence.

dontfiguremeout
April 19th, 2015, 11:17 AM
So I took that Divergent quiz multiple times trying to lean into one faction and every time I got Divergent when clearly there's on faction that is so far out from all the others. I think that Aptitude test only gives out divergent. Anyways, I am Amity! Peace!

City Kid
April 19th, 2015, 02:59 PM
So I took that Divergent quiz multiple times trying to lean into one faction and every time I got Divergent when clearly there's on faction that is so far out from all the others. I think that Aptitude test only gives out divergent. Anyways, I am Amity! Peace!
You're right, the only possible result is Divergent. That's because to not be Divergent you would have to fit into no faction except one. But normal humans just aren't only honest, only brave, only friendly, only selfless, or only intelligent. That's why it's basically impossible to get anything but Divergent.

Dying Ember
April 20th, 2015, 10:57 AM
I've done quizzes before and its always come up as either abnigation or amity

Doc. Maestro
May 6th, 2015, 03:05 AM
From a collection of different results, I'm Abnegation, Amity and Erudite most of all, and Candor and Dauntless just behind at a medium range.

Beach-people lover
May 10th, 2015, 01:52 AM
Honestly I'm probably divergent. I am like a mix of everything and I'm so indecisive.😎

Microcosm
May 10th, 2015, 04:35 PM
I would mostly be Candor

I took the test in the back of the book way back when I first read it and almost all of my answers were candor answers.

Ashybanana
May 14th, 2015, 10:08 PM
I always get dauntless