PDA

View Full Version : Dashcam footage of me driving for 18 minutes

Hollywood
February 24th, 2015, 10:26 AM
Yeah, I have no idea why I did this. I hope you somehow find a way to enjoy!

cjU65qq-fkM

Hideous
February 24th, 2015, 10:40 AM
That was relaxing, I rarely go out, so I felt like I was actually in the car with you.

Plane And Simple
February 24th, 2015, 03:46 PM
That's awesome! more :D

In that situation where the Ford Pickup was indicating to merge and you were letting him in, it's a good idea to flash your high beams so they know you allow them in. We do it here and works like a charm!

dirtyboxer55
February 24th, 2015, 06:02 PM
neat-o

Cognizant
February 26th, 2015, 01:25 AM
What do you use to film, and what do you use as a mount?

I've been wanting to get a dashcam setup for a while, and my last attempt didn't work out well. I wanna do it partially for insurance purposes, partially because the driving skills here are so laughable that I was gonna start one of my own "Bad drivers of the SF Bay" series on YouTube :P

Plane And Simple
February 26th, 2015, 02:34 AM

I've been wanting to get a dashcam setup for a while, and my last attempt didn't work out well. I wanna do it partially for insurance purposes, partially because the driving skills here are so laughable that I was gonna start one of my own "Bad drivers of the SF Bay" series on YouTube :P

You could use a GoPro with one of the sticky mounts, I use that and works awesomely.

IAMWILL
February 27th, 2015, 11:04 PM

Oh my god, I could make a great montage in my 20 minute commute to school. Its not the Bay Area drivers that suck, its all the tourists that come to see the bridge and shit. A couple days ago I saw a guy bring his minivan to a COMPLETE STOP in the middle lane on the bridge (when traffic was moving at 25-35mph) to get a photo of the sunset

Edit: thinking more, 880 is the scariest fucking freeway I've ever been on. No wonder ever night the traffic is stopped there because of accidents.

Also, I quite enjoyed the footage. It was nice.

Horatio Nelson
February 27th, 2015, 11:08 PM
I don't know why, but this is strangely relaxing.

azure moonstone
February 27th, 2015, 11:39 PM
I was kinda liking that radio station. Journey or not, you should have left that shit on, Tyler. :P

You're like me, don't mind walking a few more feet when parking your car...too funny.

PinkFloyd
February 28th, 2015, 12:19 AM
Man, I gotta make one of these... :lol:

My 17 year-old self will be much more of a lunatic on the road though ;)

Melodic
February 28th, 2015, 12:39 AM
Your driving video almost made me forget that there is actually snow up here. :P

Hollywood
February 28th, 2015, 01:10 AM

I have a mount that my uncle used to use for his Garmin GPS, I use it to hold my iPhone when I want to use Google Maps, and I used it in the same way to film this footage. It was super easy, and turned out far better than I imagined it would.

I was kinda liking that radio station. Journey or not, you should have left that shit on, Tyler. :P

You're like me, don't mind walking a few more feet when parking your car...too funny.

No Journey, no exceptions!

And yes, I always park next to a curb of some sort if I can. My car is very antisocial. Or perhaps it's the driver.

Anyways, thanks everyone for watching! I might do another one of these someday, driving in a different place of course.

Cognizant
February 28th, 2015, 01:34 AM
Oh my god, I could make a great montage in my 20 minute commute to school. Its not the Bay Area drivers that suck, its all the tourists that come to see the bridge and shit. A couple days ago I saw a guy bring his minivan to a COMPLETE STOP in the middle lane on the bridge (when traffic was moving at 25-35mph) to get a photo of the sunset

Edit: thinking more, 880 is the scariest fucking freeway I've ever been on. No wonder ever night the traffic is stopped there because of accidents.

Also, I quite enjoyed the footage. It was nice.

....damn, glad I don't live in tourist central. O_O
We have all the really clueless drivers that drive down El Camino Real at 15 mph in a 35 zone. And the ones that fuck up and don't quite know how to fix it... this one lady double parked in the one exit point from the student parking lot at my school, blocking a minivan trying to exit the dropoff zone in the process. I honk, and instead of just driving forward, she tries backing up into me (to let the van out) WHEN THERES NOWHErE ELSE FOR ME TO BACK UP TO. I just laid on the horn until she got the memo and moved forward. Idiot.

And yes, taking 880 is a death sentence yo. Though some stretches of 280 on my side of the bay are a free-for-all as well.

I have a mount that my uncle used to use for his Garmin GPS, I use it to hold my iPhone when I want to use Google Maps, and I used it in the same way to film this footage. It was super easy, and turned out far better than I imagined it would.

good to know! It seems like all the YouTube channels use a GPS mount rather than an actual cell phone mount. I guess they're more stable or something?

badpig316
April 8th, 2015, 11:02 AM
A new relaxing video for people to watch when they are board lol.