PDA

View Full Version : Call of nature during long travels?

jenny2000
February 22nd, 2015, 03:32 AM
Hi, this probably doesn't matter much to boys, but if you are a girl, do you tend to get concerned about peeing outdoors on long trips, like school field trips, if there are no toilets around? Or do you just casually go behind the bushes like boys?

Personally for me, I had an awkward moment getting seen by a boy once. (I shared that experience in the embarrassing moments thread on the puberty section...) But after that, I have gradually become cool with such situations. Like now on a field trip, if my school bus stops for a break in the middle of nowhere and I need to pee, I'd hop off and do it without thinking much! :P

So, what are your thoughts on this girls? :)

tasminsmith
February 22nd, 2015, 08:30 AM
nargh it's kinda gross

JamesSuperBoy
February 22nd, 2015, 08:37 AM
Hi, this probably doesn't matter much to boys, but if you are a girl, do you tend to get concerned about peeing outdoors on long trips, like school field trips, if there are no toilets around? Or do you just casually go behind the bushes like boys?

Personally for me, I had an awkward moment getting seen by a boy once. (I shared that experience in the embarrassing moments thread on the puberty section...) But after that, I have gradually become cool with such situations. Like now on a field trip, if my school bus stops for a break in the middle of nowhere and I need to pee, I'd hop off and do it without thinking much! :P

I think many things will vary in different countries perhaps very likely, and take care to avoid embarrassing moments for your self and offending others.

Beth
February 22nd, 2015, 08:40 AM
I have in the past on occasions when I had no choice. But not my favourite thing to do either find a secluded place or be embarrassed when your all wet. Try and explain that.

amgb
February 22nd, 2015, 08:52 AM
I do in fact get very concerned, I'd be way too embarrassed to ever do that, however I have a couple of times in the past where I've been outside and there were no toilets available. My thoughts are; it's unhygienic and it was shameful for me when I did it so I think next time I might be more sensible about it and actually search for the restrooms or a toilet.

Claire Asteroid
February 23rd, 2015, 10:38 PM
I didn't like to pee outdoors like that so I tried to hold it in when I've been on long journeys. But I once ended up peeing myself by accident in a minibus on the way back from an orienteering competition when I was 13, so now I'll ask if I have to and go in the trees cause its better than having wet knickers all the way home.

chrisawesome
February 24th, 2015, 01:21 AM
Not a chick here, but where the hell are you from? Lol

In the U.S. We are waaaaayyyy too cushy about those types of things. In a way it's quite ridiculous. Whether your a girl or a guy, if you got to go on the bus here no matter how car off in the boonies we are traveling they literally make you piss your pants. We got stuck in traffic one time and it was just a few of us. Like 8 or 10. Girls sat in front and guys in back, you know. I swear if this were some other country we would be peeing on the median divider, but no. All of us guys took turns peeing an a Gatorade bottle while the girls wiggled and squirmed the whole way through. God bless America for damaging our bladders! Lol

Jackrabbit7
February 24th, 2015, 10:23 PM
Not a chick here, but where the hell are you from? Lol

In the U.S. We are waaaaayyyy too cushy about those types of things. In a way it's quite ridiculous. Whether your a girl or a guy, if you got to go on the bus here no matter how car off in the boonies we are traveling they literally make you piss your pants. We got stuck in traffic one time and it was just a few of us. Like 8 or 10. Girls sat in front and guys in back, you know. I swear if this were some other country we would be peeing on the median divider, but no. All of us guys took turns peeing an a Gatorade bottle while the girls wiggled and squirmed the whole way through. God bless America for damaging our bladders! Lol

This could not be more true. No girl I know would ever willingly walk off into the woods to pee or willing go anywhere near the woods. I guess you're right, its just the American mindset.

jenny2000
February 26th, 2015, 06:36 AM
nargh it's kinda gross

I have in the past on occasions when I had no choice. But not my favourite thing to do either find a secluded place or be embarrassed when your all wet. Try and explain that.

I do in fact get very concerned, I'd be way too embarrassed to ever do that, however I have a couple of times in the past where I've been outside and there were no toilets available. My thoughts are; it's unhygienic and it was shameful for me when I did it so I think next time I might be more sensible about it and actually search for the restrooms or a toilet.

I didn't like to pee outdoors like that so I tried to hold it in when I've been on long journeys. But I once ended up peeing myself by accident in a minibus on the way back from an orienteering competition when I was 13, so now I'll ask if I have to and go in the trees cause its better than having wet knickers all the way home.

Thanks for sharing your views girls...
Obviously if there's a restroom around then there's no question...but what if the nearest restroom is a few hours away (like say you're going to a remote place out in the country)? Getting wet isn't really an option for me...Its too uncomfortable and I think walking around visibly wet is a lot more shameful than going behind the bushes...You gotta go when you gotta go!!

jenny2000
February 26th, 2015, 06:46 AM
This could not be more true. No girl I know would ever willingly walk off into the woods to pee or willing go anywhere near the woods. I guess you're right, its just the American mindset.

I didn't mean going "willingly"...its only when there's no other choice...like no restrooms in sight...then what do we do? Most of us find ourselves in such a situation at one point or another and trees and bushes are the only option!

Claire Asteroid
February 26th, 2015, 07:58 AM
Yeah it was a lot worse when I wet myself, in the end we had to stop the minibus and I had to change into some spare trousers that they had, and no knickers, and I just had to do that by the side of the road so that was just as bad as peeing there.

varya15
February 26th, 2015, 09:11 AM
This reminds me of marathon runs...both my elder sisters have ran marathons and they say its pretty common even for girls during very long runs to just do it without any concern beside the road...may be behind a tree or some wall if you get one...

True_Spiderman
March 1st, 2015, 01:37 PM

Just go out there and find a secluded area and find a friend who will help hide for you so no one sees it and then you can use it easy that is really all you have to do and you're good

LilEmma
April 18th, 2015, 05:57 AM
I have never had any problem in going behind some bush. Its a natural thing! :)

Dying Ember
April 22nd, 2015, 11:11 AM
When I went on my DofE expedition we had to go to the toilet outdoors so I didn't really have a choice. I was kind of scared that I'd accidentally pee on my clothes haha but it ended up okay

stoneflowe96
May 3rd, 2015, 04:56 AM
I don't have a problem with going behind a bush or tree. I find this less embaresing than I would end up in my pants

fighterpilot360
May 7th, 2015, 08:54 AM
i dont like just peeing behind a bush id find a tree cause you can see through a bush you cant see through a tree

Sardintroll
May 8th, 2015, 10:52 AM
Well, on long trips we always make sure there are some cafes or other resting places that can provide us with a bathroom, but if that wasn't an option, I really wouldn't have much of a choice. I'm not too keen about it, but it's not that much of a big deal either. I'd rather find a bush rather than wet myself. :P

Vermilion
May 8th, 2015, 11:48 AM
i dont like just peeing behind a bush id find a tree cause you can see through a bush you cant see through a tree

Same

CraigXD
December 19th, 2015, 12:12 PM
I don't have an issue with it. Just find a tree or a bush and do a pee there.

azure moonstone
December 19th, 2015, 12:44 PM
I don't have an issue with it. Just find a tree or a bush and do a pee there.

Please do not post in threads with more than two months of inactivity. :locked: