PDA

View Full Version : Environment - recycling - tips

JamesSuperBoy
February 21st, 2015, 07:20 PM
I saw a post here asking who else was an environmentalist.

Well I am so I made this thread to share ideas and what else can we do.

My main interest is recycling junk and trash.

So post here any recycle tips stuff you have made or seen.

Anything at all.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just this for a start

Here is a link to a youtube video on how bottle caps the HDPE plastic ones can be melted down and reused for easy home projects.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-p2aRUPxEaA

I know the main focus of the vid is making sling shots but you can do anything with the plastic.
=====================================================

I will add more later and I hope others will contribute as well. Be it bottles or jars card and paper whatever.

tasminsmith
February 21st, 2015, 07:36 PM
I cut up my old cd's to scare birds away from the vegetables my family grows lmao, egg shell can fertilize plants I think.

JamesSuperBoy
February 21st, 2015, 07:38 PM
I cut up my old cd's to scare birds away from the vegetables my family grows lmao, egg shell can fertilize plants I think.

Hi
Thats a good idea as well Thanks for posting -

Uranus
March 4th, 2015, 04:05 PM
I'm currently in Florida for vacation at the Epcot center in Disney World (?)
And I went to this building that had a separate room for an entire eco friendly house. The dishwasher used half as much water, cupboard doors that had no harmful bacteria in the air, a high tech bathroom that had a temperature controlled shower and a duration setting so you don't lose track of time wasting water. A special thermostat that had control settings for every room. A counter top made of recycled "something", a garage that had a certain type of shingles that are eco friendly and solar panels. ECT. And, being sooo eco friendly, it's actually quite stylish. Very expensive setup, yet over time, saves you so much money

JamesSuperBoy
March 4th, 2015, 04:36 PM
I'm currently in Florida for vacation at the Epcot center in Disney World (?)
And I went to this building that had a separate room for an entire eco friendly house. The dishwasher used half as much water, cupboard doors that had no harmful bacteria in the air, a high tech bathroom that had a temperature controlled shower and a duration setting so you don't lose track of time wasting water. A special thermostat that had control settings for every room. A counter top made of recycled "something", a garage that had a certain type of shingles that are eco friendly and solar panels. ECT. And, being sooo eco friendly, it's actually quite stylish. Very expensive setup, yet over time, saves you so much money

Thats a great way to raise awareness of how things can be done.

seamo34
May 10th, 2015, 03:19 PM
I saw a post here asking who else was an environmentalist.

Well I am so I made this thread to share ideas and what else can we do.

My main interest is recycling junk and trash.

So post here any recycle tips stuff you have made or seen.

Anything at all.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just this for a start

Here is a link to a youtube video on how bottle caps the HDPE plastic ones can be melted down and reused for easy home projects.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-p2aRUPxEaA

I know the main focus of the vid is making sling shots but you can do anything with the plastic.
=====================================================

I will add more later and I hope others will contribute as well. Be it bottles or jars card and paper whatever.

Im not an enviromentalist but i really do care about the planet and their should be more of a knoledge if it in teenages simple things like turning off a light after leaving a room makes a bit difference and im with that compleatly :P