PDA

View Full Version : What are you writing?

Lovelife090994
February 21st, 2015, 01:06 AM
Anyone working on a literary project? I've been worked on a novel for the past five years... It's still long under-done but I am constantly getting ideas... that is if I can learn not to run into circles or drown out the scenes with superfluous details.

amgb
February 21st, 2015, 01:12 AM
I'm working on a novel...which I shall not reveal the name of just yet:P And I'm also working on my poetry collection.

Lovelife090994
February 22nd, 2015, 10:40 PM
I'm working on a novel...which I shall not reveal the name of just yet:P And I'm also working on my poetry collection.

Cool! Don't do what I did, going back and adding more or taking away things! It slows the process!

Hudor
February 22nd, 2015, 10:49 PM
Poetry and prose these days but I'm also working on a novel.

Elysium
February 22nd, 2015, 11:42 PM
I tend to lean towards short stories. I wrote one recently for an assignment that could use some editing, if that counts :P Otherwise, I'm always trying to think of things to write about.

Melodic
February 22nd, 2015, 11:48 PM
I'm attempting to write an autobiography sorta. But oddly enough, I have writers block.

JamesSuperBoy
February 23rd, 2015, 05:11 AM
I sometimes write short stories based on poems.

phuckphace
February 23rd, 2015, 09:46 AM
I've attempted to write before but eventually gave up after realizing that:

1) I can't write. or at least, more than a couple of pages without running dry. it tends to start feeling like a homework assignment by about page 3, which kills the mood quick.
2) I have no life experience to draw from, which basically restricts my characters to people around my age who are kind of like me, because I have no idea how to write a convincingly realistic story that involves a set of characters of diverse ages and backgrounds.
3) because of #2, I usually just end up importing people I know IRL as characters, which is lame and uncreative.

I guess I could write a story about my struggles with writing stories and title it "Mein Kampf"

Vlerchan
February 23rd, 2015, 12:54 PM
I'm writing science fiction (shorts) at the moment. I have no idea how long I'll keep it up though. I'm more into coming up with ideas than writing about them. The writing itself is boring and I'm self-critical enough that the starting motivation to write tends to dissipate before long.

I also started keeping a journal of ideas to keep track of all the political (etc.) thoughts I have. At the least it might provide a good laugh a few years from now.

Lottie
February 23rd, 2015, 01:12 PM
I'm sorta writing a novel, but I dont really add to it much, I dont have an idea what to write very often

Luminous
February 23rd, 2015, 01:29 PM
I'm writing an essay for English class that I've been working really hard on, if that counts.

Deleted User
February 23rd, 2015, 10:22 PM
I have a Captain America fanfic I'm working on, several short Marvel fic prompts, and eventually an Avengers origin fic kinda. Taking a break from the original stuff for a bit.

Snydergate
February 26th, 2015, 03:19 PM
I am in the process of writing a quadrilogy or tetralogy (four books) based in the mid 14th century during the Black Death, although it is mostly accurate on the events of those years I did change some stuff, and I put a twist on the plague, so it is actually a plague of the living dead. It follows a group of knights who escaped London, England and ventured through France, the Alps, and into Poland and Lithuania who got caught up in the War between the Teutonic Knights and the Grand Duchy of Lithuania

Lovelife090994
March 5th, 2015, 07:37 PM
I am writing poetry.

cystel
September 5th, 2015, 02:00 AM
I am not mentioned yet what to write for being a professional. But still trying to write well and in a good measure.Actually I am currently gathering knowledge of writing as I know only writing is useless but if you know all ins and outs about writing you may be professional.So i have decided to write later not now after my writing success.

Hideous
September 5th, 2015, 02:17 AM
I am not mentioned yet what to write for being a professional. But still trying to write well and in a good measure.Actually I am currently gathering knowledge of writing as I know only writing is useless but if you know all ins and outs about writing you may be professional.So i have decided to write later not now after my writing success.

Please do not post in threads with more than two months of inactivity :locked: