PDA

View Full Version : My new pet rat Athena

TheGentleHerbivore
February 20th, 2015, 02:25 PM
Finally got a new camera! :D

I got another rat a few weeks ago from the SPCA, her name is Athena (or at least that's what I'm thinking of calling her, if you have any name ideas feel free to throw them my way).
She's special because she has one black eye and one red eye, a really pretty look in my opinion.
She's also blind, but she's a trooper and doesn't let it get her down. :P

I'm guessing she's about 3 months old.

http://i.imgur.com/xmLhwm2.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/CRMfFbB.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/X584Gqy.jpg

Vermilion
February 20th, 2015, 02:58 PM
I can't think of a name but she's really cute

davidsp
February 20th, 2015, 03:16 PM
Cute. Rats are smart I hear. We only had gerbils but I wanted a rat. The eye color thing is cool but I'm sorry that she is blind. Awesome that she gets by without it. Bet she has a good sniffer.

TheGentleHerbivore
February 20th, 2015, 03:31 PM
Cute. Rats are smart I hear. We only had gerbils but I wanted a rat. The eye color thing is cool but I'm sorry that she is blind. Awesome that she gets by without it. Bet she has a good sniffer.

Yeah, rats are smarter than people think. They follow me around when I let them out of their cages, I've taught a few of them some tricks, and they all know their names.

I used to have a couple gerbils as well a few years back.
Though if you ever get the opportunity to get a pet rat I highly recommend it, they make great pets. They're like pocket-sized dogs, pretty much. :P

Hideous
February 21st, 2015, 11:46 PM
Athena is so cute! Loving the quality of the photo!

TheGentleHerbivore
February 22nd, 2015, 09:58 AM
Athena is so cute! Loving the quality of the photo!

Thank you! :D

JamesSuperBoy
February 22nd, 2015, 10:26 AM
Finally got a new camera! :D

I got another rat a few weeks ago from the SPCA, her name is Athena (or at least that's what I'm thinking of calling her, if you have any name ideas feel free to throw them my way).
She's special because she has one black eye and one red eye, a really pretty look in my opinion.
She's also blind, but she's a trooper and doesn't let it get her down. :P

I'm guessing she's about 3 months old.

awe cute and good pics as well.

I did not know what SPCA was but guessed an animal rescue I looked it up and it is.

So great pics and fab you re homed rat.

I just think that is worth the saying, Good for you.

TheGentleHerbivore
February 22nd, 2015, 10:39 AM
awe cute and good pics as well.

I did not know what SPCA was but guessed an animal rescue I looked it up and it is.

So great pics and fab you re homed rat.

I just think that is worth the saying, Good for you.

Yeah, it's an animal rescue. It's where I've gotten most of my pets.
And thanks. :)

Left Now
February 22nd, 2015, 10:50 AM
Actually,I don't think her eye was red since the first like Congenital Heterochromia Iridum ,but I think her pupil has lost some of its dark pigments through the time and turned red,since you said she is blind.Anyway,it is my opinion according to the things which I have studied in our Genetics classes,and it doesn't mean I am right about it.

By the way,She is beautiful!Really gorgeous...

JamesSuperBoy
February 22nd, 2015, 11:16 AM
Yeah, it's an animal rescue. It's where I've gotten most of my pets.
And thanks. :)

So good I help at a horse rescue center.