PDA

View Full Version : Astronomy?

Failed Algebra
February 19th, 2015, 08:58 PM
Who else is interested in astronomy? do you have a telescope and if so what kind? do you take photos or just view? What's most exciting phenomenon you viewed (total lunar or solar eclipse, etc)?

For me the best thing was going at night to the Kitt Peak National Observatory in Arizona, it was a new moon (dark) and perfectly cloudless sky, and we were looking at amazing galaxies through their optical telescopes. (You HAVE to go if you like telescopes!)

Danny_boi 16
February 19th, 2015, 09:30 PM
I have a 114LCM COMPUTERIZED TELESCOPE. I saw two annual solar eclipse (not with my telescope). I don't take photos, I just view.

SethfromMI
February 19th, 2015, 09:53 PM
I guess not like: take classes and buy expensive telescopes, but I love looking at the stars

amgb
February 19th, 2015, 11:06 PM
At my old highschool I was in the astronomy club and it was pretty awesome. We got to build rockets out of water bottles and stuff and I only remember that one time I saw a solar eclipse (or was it lunar?) which was amazing. I don't have a telescope but I would love to have one, now I just look up at the sky at night and I can really drink in the beauty of the space and stars out there.

davidsp
February 19th, 2015, 11:35 PM
My scoutmaster has a pretty nice scope and brings it out sometimes on camping trips. We've seen mars and the rings of saturn, the moon, some other stuff that was cool but much fuzzier. He also has this cool green laser pointer so he can point out constellations to us in the sky. I love looking at the stars when we are camping. My scoutmaster complains about light pollution a lot tho.

Jackrabbit7
February 20th, 2015, 12:59 AM
Yea I like astronomy, have that app on my phone that show the constellations and stuff. I don't have, but can use a telescope. Don't laugh but last year i was taking a merit badge class at camp (yea im a boy scout) and we hiked out to a field on the night of a new moon and you could see everything. We brought a couple telescopes and got to look at a few galaxies and planets. But it was just awesome laying out and watching the sky.

Babs
February 20th, 2015, 02:41 AM
I don't have a telescope and avoid going outside at night because of my crippling fear of the dark, but I like to read about astronomy, cosmology, and interstellar/planetary travel. Anything associated with space, I guess.

Claire Asteroid
March 20th, 2015, 09:39 AM
I like astronomy

LilEmma
April 18th, 2015, 05:49 AM
Its not really astronomy, i think, but I saw my first aurora borealis about month ago. It had no colours, but it still looked awesome!

fighterpilot360
May 7th, 2015, 10:32 AM
im interested in astronomy but never get to see anything cause im always cooped up inside

Sardintroll
May 8th, 2015, 10:48 AM
I kinda like it. I don't take pics or dig too deep into it, but I'm very fascinated by the universe, and look up pictures and videos on the subject now and again. :)

kev99
May 10th, 2015, 02:00 PM
Love astronomy. I have a friend who has a small telescope, and we already spent holiday nights with his father going to remote location so we could watch the sky without city lights polluting. I hope to be able to use my camera to try astrophotography soon!

Microcosm
May 11th, 2015, 12:25 AM
I would love to get into astronomy. It's kind of a dream of mine, really. Not as like a career or anything, but it would be a great hobby. I'll probably do it once I get a job as an adult or something and I can pay for a nice telescope.

Michael75
May 11th, 2015, 05:58 AM
Yeah I absolutely love it. I watched Interstellar and i got hooked lol. I got a Skywatcher Explorer 130 for my birthday, but it literally hasn't been clear since about two weeks ago! Yeah I saw the solar eclipse there April time, nearly blinded myself but was worth it.. There was also a lunar eclipse a while back I saw!

Unknwn
May 11th, 2015, 08:42 AM
I took an astronomy class in high school, and I thought the subject was really interesting. I learned a lot of things that I could connect with other classes, and I gained a much better understanding of the universe. I ended up taking the class by accident, but in the end, I was glad that I took it lol.
I was able to see a lunar eclipse a couple of months ago. It was the first time I saw one, and I loved that I really understood what was going on so that was pretty cool lol :P

Let Me Be a Pony
May 11th, 2015, 10:29 AM
One day, before I become a preacher, I shalt study astronomy and I shall combine biblical nonsense with random lies that i'll make up about astronomy, just because I can.
It's one of my dreams to preach nonsense science + nonsense biblical poetry.

I believe it will happen when I'm 50 years of age.