PDA

View Full Version : Things to do when you first get a car

Jackrabbit7
February 17th, 2015, 10:27 PM
Im going to have a car for the first time this summer. I live in NYC and love to do things outdoors. What are things you can do on a budget? What do you guys like to do while your doing those things?

SethfromMI
February 17th, 2015, 10:32 PM
well I am sure you can find some good camping grounds. throw in a tent, sleeping bag/pillow, some food, clothes and whatever else and go camping for a week or whatever

Babs
February 18th, 2015, 10:22 PM
Just cruise around I guess. I'd say go on a roadtrip but gas/food might be expensive.

LilEmma
February 19th, 2015, 08:02 AM
Just cruise around I guess. I'd say go on a roadtrip but gas/food might be expensive.

Price of gas is the biggest thing europeans envy about USA.

phuckphace
February 19th, 2015, 12:22 PM
Price of gas is the biggest thing europeans envy about USA.

...until you realize how much we pay for car insurance.

dunno if it's the same in every country there but my friend in Lithuania pays about $300 a year for car insurance, but I'd be looking at $250+ per month. gas is more expensive there but when gas is too high you can just stop driving and take the bus. over here in burgerland we just have to grin and bear it.

LilEmma
February 19th, 2015, 03:03 PM
...until you realize how much we pay for car insurance.

dunno if it's the same in every country there but my friend in Lithuania pays about $300 a year for car insurance, but I'd be looking at $250+ per month. gas is more expensive there but when gas is too high you can just stop driving and take the bus. over here in burgerland we just have to grin and bear it.

Ouch, that IS expensive. Does everyone pay that much, or just when you have a new insurance without bonus? Here in Finland you get 60-70% bonus after driving some amount of years without accident.

Car itself is much more expensive to buy in most european countries...

Jackrabbit7
February 19th, 2015, 03:50 PM
Yea Insurance for a male teen under 21 is stupid expensive, I got a quote for like $3600 a year. Gas in NYC is about 2.50-2.90 right now which is nice.
I got the whole camping, hiking, skiing thing. But living in the city is there anything on top of those things that people do?

fighterpilot360
May 7th, 2015, 08:40 AM
you could go to the zoo, the movies, or whatever you wanna do

Horatio Nelson
May 7th, 2015, 09:18 AM
Please do not post in threads that have been inactive for more than 2 months. :locked: