PDA

View Full Version : Irrational phobia's

Periphery
February 17th, 2015, 02:10 PM
So yeah, below you'll find my two biggest fears. Just wanted to vent really, not sure if this is the right forum so mods feel free to move the thread.

First things first, insects. Whenever I see the tiniest insect I start shaking, I feel an extreme sense of paranoia hit me almost instantly and I can't trust anything anymore. I look around every inch of the house to make sure there aren't any others around me and I have to call my parents to get rid of it for me.

The second one. The dark. Whenever I'm in a dark room, or even in a lit up room next to either a window when it's dark outside or next to a dark room. I feel extremely paranoid when in the dark, I start seeiing things that are not there. I think something may jump on me at any time.

I have no idea why they are all so bad so can anyone give some advice?

Thunderstorm
February 18th, 2015, 05:52 PM
They most likely stem from something in your childhood. I'm a firm believer that phobias are curable, however it's much more effective and in your favor if you just learn how to cope with them when they come about.

You need to think of something that makes you happy. Something that overcomes the fear and paranoia and brings in the light. Fear is but a mere shadow we cast over something to make it appear less horrific than it is. However, it's all in the eye of the beholder. If you can look past the fear in that moment and realize nothing is going to happen, you can get through it.
I hope this helped.

CharlieHorse
February 18th, 2015, 05:56 PM
Phobic Disorders are characterized by irrational fear. People often call phobias just things they're scared of or don't like. The actual phobic disorder can be treated.

Periphery
February 19th, 2015, 01:29 AM
They most likely stem from something in your childhood. I'm a firm believer that phobias are curable, however it's much more effective and in your favor if you just learn how to cope with them when they come about.

You need to think of something that makes you happy. Something that overcomes the fear and paranoia and brings in the light. Fear is but a mere shadow we cast over something to make it appear less horrific than it is. However, it's all in the eye of the beholder. If you can look past the fear in that moment and realize nothing is going to happen, you can get through it.
I hope this helped.
I have no idea where insect fear comes from. The other one, yeah may know why.