PDA

View Full Version : Switching from cigarettes to weed, pros and cons?

Stronk Serb
February 17th, 2015, 03:38 AM
I'm thinking on doing this but I don't know the pros and cons of weed, so can somebody tell them to me? I'm a chain smoker and I'd say there are no pros to cigarettes, only cons.

Lottie
February 17th, 2015, 08:13 AM
I dont really think smoking either is good. I smoke weed sometimes, but am now trying to stop because my life is being more and more messy and Im sure thats not helping. I used to think it helped me to feel better and stop all the pain but I dont think it really works. I do life how I feel on weed but I've been caught with it a few times and last time I lost my friends because their parents thought I was bad.

My advice is steer clear!

Babs
February 17th, 2015, 11:37 AM
I won't go as far as to say weed is good for you. But it's not nearly as addictive, and it does have some health benefits. Me, it helps me sleep and I'm less prone to panic attacks when I smoke regularly. It also helps me eat, because I also have issues with my appetite. I guess those are the pros.
The cons? You can get into trouble if it's illegal where you live. Just dont be an idiot about smoking and you should be fine.
I don't know that it will help with cigarette cravings, so you might wanna get some nicotine gum or something abd transition off.

SethfromMI
February 19th, 2015, 05:07 PM
how about you don't smoke niether

Serzh98
February 20th, 2015, 01:37 PM
weed is more expensive and stinks more.

TredOut
February 20th, 2015, 03:26 PM
Serzh, both are false.

Pros: No addiction, you don't have to smoke all day, it actually has positive effects on you, your breath and clothes won't smell, it's cheaper even if you smoke daily, which you won't because you don't have time for that and if you do, you should do something productive,.. weed is more social than cigs, it helps you clear your mind, it helps you be creative and discover new things about yourself, you will enjoy everything you like doing 10 times more, it will keep your mind fresh and relaxed.

Serzh98
February 21st, 2015, 11:24 AM
I was talking about our country.
1 gramm of weed in my city is a least 5 euros, and one pack of the best cigarettes (Marlboro Red or Marlboro Gold) is exactly 2 euros.

I my self don't do weed, but a friend of mine does it and he stinks like shit after it, his clothes, breath and other shit... I'm not saying cigarettes don't stink, but from my subjective feeling, weed is worse.

Plus, in Serbia, weed is illegal cigarettes are legel. You can sit anywhere you want, light up a cigarette and relax.

JamesSuperBoy
February 21st, 2015, 02:35 PM
I think its bad to smoke at all but thats me -maybe you just try a few ways and find what you are happy with. and that may change.

tasminsmith
February 21st, 2015, 07:17 PM
totally depends what weed like potent skunk could give you psychosis but a fairly weak variation would be better than smoking cigarettes

Serzh, both are false.

Pros: No addiction, you don't have to smoke all day, it actually has positive effects on you, your breath and clothes won't smell, it's cheaper even if you smoke daily, which you won't because you don't have time for that and if you do, you should do something productive,.. weed is more social than cigs, it helps you clear your mind, it helps you be creative and discover new things about yourself, you will enjoy everything you like doing 10 times more, it will keep your mind fresh and relaxed.

fresh and relaxed? weed is a depressant and you do know the mental health problems that come with long term usage right? paranoia, anxiety and psychosis just to name a few. and there is proven to be a "mental" addiction so yes you can get addicted to it.

I won't go as far as to say weed is good for you. But it's not nearly as addictive, and it does have some health benefits. Me, it helps me sleep and I'm less prone to panic attacks when I smoke regularly. It also helps me eat, because I also have issues with my appetite. I guess those are the pros.
The cons? You can get into trouble if it's illegal where you live. Just dont be an idiot about smoking and you should be fine.
I don't know that it will help with cigarette cravings, so you might wanna get some nicotine gum or something abd transition off.

not like to moan or anything put although at the minute it may seem to alleviate panic attacks in the long term it increases anxiety levels, don't do drugs, not telling you what to do but they will mess your life up probs

Multi-post merge ~ Mike/ImCoolBeans

phuckphace
February 21st, 2015, 10:21 PM
nicotine is a stimulant, THC is a depressant. so when you're busy doing something that requires focus, you'll slow down and have a harder time of it after you smoke weed. this depressant effect makes it a pretty poor replacement for nicotine, which can actually help improve alertness, focus and short-term memory.

besides it being illegal of course. I wouldn't like not being able to light up anywhere I wanted without being nervous that I'd get in trouble.

Tyler97
February 22nd, 2015, 01:39 PM
Obviously BOTH are bad and there are no pros to either.

TredOut
February 24th, 2015, 06:08 AM
totally depends what weed like potent skunk could give you psychosis but a fairly weak variation would be better than smoking cigarettes

fresh and relaxed? weed is a depressant and you do know the mental health problems that come with long term usage right? paranoia, anxiety and psychosis just to name a few. and there is proven to be a "mental" addiction so yes you can get addicted to it.

not like to moan or anything put although at the minute it may seem to alleviate panic attacks in the long term it increases anxiety levels, don't do drugs, not telling you what to do but they will mess your life up probs

Multi-post merge ~ Mike/ImCoolBeans

It depends on your personality, I feel like I was born again after every time I smoke. I'm in a great mood, friendly, patient, focused and overall feel great... The addiction is very unlikely, otherwise I'd be addicted a long time ago. Mental health problems do not come with it, that's what your mom tells you to keep you away from smoking. Weed is often prescribed to cure mental illnesses. Paranoia and anxiety are temporary side-effects that go away as soon as you sober up and they usually affect only the new smokers. Me and my friends used to get anxious in public but now I can go to the mall high, order fast food, get movie tickets or even talk to the security guards without any problems.

Lofiel
March 3rd, 2015, 11:31 PM
Cigarettes kill more people than any other drug, while weed has never been the direct cause of death for a single person. In general, all damage done to brain structure or lung health by marijuana is reversible after a few months of quitting while cigarette damage can rarely be reversed.

I would say if you need to smoke one, aim for responsible use of weed or use an e-cigarette from a proper vendor.

It'd be better to smoke nothing, but that may not be realistic. So be responsible with your choices, and look into getting an e-cig because it helped me quit cigarettes.

tasminsmith
March 9th, 2015, 04:08 PM
It depends on your personality, I feel like I was born again after every time I smoke. I'm in a great mood, friendly, patient, focused and overall feel great... The addiction is very unlikely, otherwise I'd be addicted a long time ago. Mental health problems do not come with it, that's what your mom tells you to keep you away from smoking. Weed is often prescribed to cure mental illnesses. Paranoia and anxiety are temporary side-effects that go away as soon as you sober up and they usually affect only the new smokers. Me and my friends used to get anxious in public but now I can go to the mall high, order fast food, get movie tickets or even talk to the security guards without any problems.

the psychological problems aren't bullshit I know people who have developed psychosis from smoking weed

TredOut
March 9th, 2015, 04:35 PM
the psychological problems aren't bullshit I know people who have developed psychosis from smoking weed
And on the other hand I know a ton of stoners who smoke every day, but can take tolerance-breaks that last 2 months without a problem... there's a small chance of developing a slight psychological dependency, it happens only to the people who use weed as a way to solve their problems. Developing a high psychological dependancy like cocaine for example is basically non-existent. As long as he will use weed to enhance his life and not solve his problems he will be good.

tovaris
March 9th, 2015, 04:35 PM
I'm thinking on doing this but I don't know the pros and cons of weed, so can somebody tell them to me? I'm a chain smoker and I'd say there are no pros to cigarettes, only cons.

Same for weed dood.

Obično ljudi puše jointe i ne čistu travo, zato ti još uvek ostaje duhan u nutra i ništa nisi ptofitirao. Stvarno ti je najbolje sasvim ostaviti to.

cami
March 9th, 2015, 04:43 PM
My friends say weed is healthier, but I'm not pretty sure. Getting smoke in your body doesn't sounds healthy to me.

ChaosEarthquake
March 11th, 2015, 12:45 PM

Weed is amazing.
Just be careful, because if you get it from anyone that grows it wrong, puts fertilizer on it, or something is funky, you can get pretty fucked up.
Grow your own, or get it from someone you would trust with your life.

Pros: EVERYTHING
Cons: Not much it really does to your body. Can be dangerous if you get "LSD-like" symptoms, and you get into some crazy shit.

Sordid Saint
March 12th, 2015, 02:31 AM
I don't think that starting to smoke weed is going to make you stop smoking cigarettes, or even take away the cravings for them at all. Especially if you're a chain smoker like you said, you're not going to be able to chain smoke weed when you're just starting out. Even though in my opinion weed is better for you than cigarettes, in my experience weed makes me want to smoke cigarettes more than if I'm not smoking weed.

IconoclasticHeretic
March 14th, 2015, 12:36 PM
I don't think that starting to smoke weed is going to make you stop smoking cigarettes, or even take away the cravings for them at all. Especially if you're a chain smoker like you said, you're not going to be able to chain smoke weed when you're just starting out. Even though in my opinion weed is better for you than cigarettes, in my experience weed makes me want to smoke cigarettes more than if I'm not smoking weed.

Yeah, I agree. I highly recommend weed to most people (exempting schizophrenics and some other neurodivergent people) but it doesn't make a very good quitting tobacco tool. Whenever I'm good and high, that's always when I crave a cigarette. Weed is way healthier for you, it filters your lungs, slows the growth rate of cancerous tumors, eases pain and nausea, stimulates appetite and metabolism, aids in relaxation (stress is the number one killer) and produced a much more enjoyable effect, in my opinion, then cigarettes. It is a little bit more expensive depending on how much you smoke. But most importantly, if it is your only tool for quitting cigs, it's not gonna help too much without intense willpower.