PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping in a tent

Failed Algebra
February 15th, 2015, 09:58 PM
Does sleeping alone or even with someone in a tent in the woods creep you out a little? I did it a lot at summer camp when we had a whole bunch of tents. But if it was just me, or even just me and friend in the wilderness, i think it would be a little scary. Part of it is how do you know a bear won't come by but part of it just the vastness of open space. Anybody else have similar feelings?

cami
February 15th, 2015, 10:58 PM
It's a bit creepy if you're in a dark word, or a place you don't know maybe (a couple of horror films come to my mind). If it's a camp area (where there's a lot more tents) I don't find it creepy.

JusticeandMercy
February 16th, 2015, 02:38 AM
Meh, it's a little creepy. I personally don't think it's too bad (then again, most things don't scare me that much), but I can understand why it makes people uncomfortable.

kanine
February 16th, 2015, 02:41 AM
I'm always worried raccoons will cut through the tent and maul my face. I don't think I've ever slept on a camping trip.

Abhorrence
February 16th, 2015, 11:32 AM
I love sleeping in tents until it gets to a certain time. I'm pretty much an insomniac (not truly but I don't sleep much) so when it gets to 3am and you hear nocturnal animals coming out it tends to creep me out a little bit. I used to camp with my brother quite often, it was always funny but I hated the noises.

Failed Algebra
February 16th, 2015, 02:13 PM
I love sleeping in tents until it gets to a certain time. I'm pretty much an insomniac (not truly but I don't sleep much) so when it gets to 3am and you hear nocturnal animals coming out it tends to creep me out a little bit. I used to camp with my brother quite often, it was always funny but I hated the noises.

yeah that's what I'm talking about. last summer a friend and i were in a tent and we were awakened at 3 AM by something that sounded like groaning and digging sounds from some animal. It stopped, but we lay awake, scared to death, for about two hours and then finally fell back asleep.

Country Cowboy
February 18th, 2015, 06:09 PM
I love camping and sleeping in tents so they don't scare me at all. I think hearing all the different animals is pretty cool.

SethfromMI
February 19th, 2015, 05:00 PM
naw when i do it it doesn't bother me

Jackrabbit7
February 19th, 2015, 10:52 PM
I used to get that feeling all the time, but when your out in the woods enough it stops being scary. You realized there's nothing really out there to get you and if you camp right bears and raccoon's wont enter your sight/tent area.
Plus I love those crazy noises makes you feel alive.

Does anyone do that crazy hard core camping, hiking into the woods with your stuff and setting up you sight with no one around?

ImCoolBeans
February 19th, 2015, 10:54 PM
The thought crosses my mind, but I don't let it bother me. I quite like camping, and don't really mind sleeping in a tent whether it's in a group of tents or a single tent in the woods. A lot of the time you can hear things coming in the woods too.

SethfromMI
February 19th, 2015, 10:57 PM
of course you always got to watch out for the ax murder near my woods, but no biggie

davidsp
February 19th, 2015, 11:43 PM
It might if I was sleeping alone. Sometimes I hear weird animal sounds but I know most of the critters that would be where we go camping and they don't really bother me. One time someone thought there was a rabid raccoon around and then I was worried that it would come in the night and get into our tent and bite us. Stayed awake for hours listening for it. Kind of stupid but it is easy to get freaked out sometimes. For me it's more likely that I'll get freaked out by some ghost story that got told at campfire.

Jackrabbit7
February 20th, 2015, 12:43 AM
of course you always got to watch out for the ax murder near my woods, but no biggie

OMG that made me shudder :eek:. It made me question if ill ever go camping agian.

Things like this don't usually freak me out but im sitting in the dark in an empty house and you just so nonchalantly lisped that into this thread. I cant.

Plane And Simple
February 20th, 2015, 01:24 AM
I don't think it would actually scare me. I've never done it but it's actually something I would love to try soon. If I was alone then maybe I'd be a little creeped out, but if it's with a friend or something that'd be fine

Uranus
February 20th, 2015, 01:27 AM
Nah, it doesn't really scare me. It takes alot to actually scare me. I was with the boy scouts (Really not the kind of guy who you would expect to be but yolo) so I went camping often. I was ay a camp and was camping weeklong, and it was in the summer so I simply sat in a chair, feet kicked up, and literally slept under the stars. It's a really cool experience especially if it's a clear sky,

amgb
February 20th, 2015, 01:33 AM
Sleeping alone in my own bed already creeps me out, let alone having to sleep with someone else in a tent in the middle of a gigantic population of animals and insects. I've only been camping at the annual camps throughout my schooling, but even then we'd sleep in the comfort of warm beds in a nice roomy cabin. I'd love to go on a real camping trip though, it sounds fun and exciting (except for the sleeping part).

SethfromMI
February 21st, 2015, 08:53 AM
OMG that made me shudder :eek:. It made me question if ill ever go camping agian.

Things like this don't usually freak me out but im sitting in the dark in an empty house and you just so nonchalantly lisped that into this thread. I cant.

haha I was just joking, at least I hope I'm joking haha

JamesSuperBoy
February 21st, 2015, 09:00 AM
I guess any night away from home can feel a bit weird even a hotel room or camper.
Something to experience and I love it maybe the more you do it the less weird it is and then maybe just the first night is weird. Unless like me you have brothers and mates who tent bomb and have a water fight hhaha crazy scary and good all in one.

Bull
February 21st, 2015, 09:07 AM
Love hiking and camping in the Colorado Rockies. My dad, brother and I hike in and set up our tent about 5 miles from roadway. It is fantastic to be totally away from the busy life style for a few days at a time. Yeah, there are wild animals all around, after all we are invading their habitat.

Microcosm
June 24th, 2015, 12:04 PM
I love sleeping in tents, I sleep really well in them actually - less electrical distractions I guess
I prefer not sleeping alone in them though and definitely nakey in a sleeping bag.

Usually my brother of a friend is with me I haven't had a tent alone much

Please refrain from posting in threads that have been inactive for more than two months.

:locked2: