PDA

View Full Version : Looking back

Sleepless_Shadow
February 15th, 2015, 11:53 AM
I used to post on here back in 2009 and besides my horrible spelling and abbreviated words I was in such a bad place. I just want to say that it does get better.
Do I still think about s.h everyday? Not everyday but there's still that little part of you that won't forget but thats okay, it shows you what you've been through and what you've overcome.
I know one of the first pieces of advice anyone gives is to talk to someone, but in my opinion no one really gets it like someone who's been through it themselves. There's still the stigma of not understanding how hard it is to stop which makes people with the best intentions of trying to help not being able to truely get it and thinks it can just be stopped at the flip of a switch.
Everyone is different but in my personal opinion is comes down to your own will. Your own will power to know that you deserve so much better and so much more. We all owe it to ourselves to not be the recieving end of the pain we feel, to not feel our only way out is to cut.
Life is hard and will continue to be, but whatever happens we are beautiful, we are strong and we will get through it!:yeah::yes::yummy::lol:

amgb
February 15th, 2015, 02:09 PM
Hey Becky~ This is such a nice read. I'm happy for you and I agree that everyone deserves to be on the road to recovery and to feel deserving of happiness in life. Thank you for these words, I know it will help so many people in their recovery as well. I wish you the best in life and if you ever feel like things are going downhill again, feel free to talk to me and I will listen and try to help:)

Luminous
February 15th, 2015, 02:48 PM
Cutting and Self Harm :arrow: Uplifting Stories and Messages