PDA

View Full Version : Do I have control issues?

Paddington
February 14th, 2015, 08:46 PM
It seems like every time my pattern is changed in some way my mind just goes haywire and I just start panicking and contradicting myself and driving myself (and other people) crazy.

For example, I was planning on sitting on the couch tonight in my usual cushion next to my mother. That's where I usually sit when we're watching movies and stuff. It's nice and I'm comfortable with it.

But I go into the living room and my sister's taken my planned spot.

No no no no no that is not okay who does she think she is, I think, as I give her a death glare and turn around.

My mom notices and says, "(Real name withheld), there's more then one cushion on the couch, just sit-"

Nope. That's not the cushion that I wanted so I don't want to sit on the couch anymore. Door slam, deep sigh.

Thinking about it now the way that I acted towards something as silly as a couch cushion was really irrational. I've caught myself doing this a few times before, and I'm wondering, do I have some sort of underlying fear of losing control? Is there a disorder name for this? Should I ask my doctor about it?

LoganP1
February 15th, 2015, 07:12 PM
If anything, this sounds a lot like Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder to me. You seem to have that certain mentality where you are compelled to perform repetitive tasks, and if you are somehow unable to do that then you start to become easily anxious. That is a very clear sign of OCD. Also, there is the fact that you are fully able to detect the irrationality in these actions and how they could seem unnecessary over such a trivial issue yet you can't seem to break free from that mindset.

I would suggest you discuss this with your doctor, and get a secondary and professional opinion on it. In the meantime, though, it never hurts to read up on things and see what symptoms fit your specific behavior with things. I wish you luck with this!