PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety Attack

Armyboydevon99
February 14th, 2015, 03:30 PM
What should i do if i have an Anxiety Attack at school

Thunderstorm
February 14th, 2015, 08:18 PM
1. Take a deep breath.
2. Ask the teacher to leave or just go to the bathroom.
3. Get a drink of water.

If it's a really bad one just go tot he nurse. If it's a mild one, follow the steps above. It may take time for the effects to settle but time is one of the only remedies (besides medications). It's hard but you must learn to not allow anxiety attacks to rule your life.

vanilla
February 14th, 2015, 11:15 PM
Do your teachers know about your anxiety? It might be best to let them know if you haven't already so that you can make an arrangement to get out of the classroom if you have a panic attack. Then you could stop by the office or somewhere else just to get yourself settled. If it's not too severe you could just ask to go to the bathroom or get a drink like the above post suggests.

You could also start seeing a therapist and learn relaxation techniques. I'm doing that now and so far it's been very useful. You could probably find some on your own with google.

Good luck with your anxiety! I know that it can be hard to manage sometimes, but if you just persist and try to think through the stress it will get better.

Abhorrence
February 15th, 2015, 01:33 PM
When I have anxiety attacks I just leave the class and go to the bathroom. I calm myself down by focusing my breathing and also pinching myself. I don't know why that helps but it does.

CreativeUsername
February 20th, 2015, 07:34 PM
Just try and breathe. Sit and relax. Imagine that every breath you take is going straight to the fire of anxiety. If it's because of something that you think is going to happen, or any other negative thoughts, just over analyze the thoughts until they become a silly that doesn't mean anything.

Another that works for me, is to find a spot on the wall and stare at it. Think of three things you can see without moving your eyes. Three things you can hear. Then three things you can feel. It can be external or internal. Then think of two things you can see, hear and feel. Then just one thing you can see, hear and feel.

WengMan3397
February 24th, 2015, 08:32 PM
Man, that's tough. Have you been treated or sought help for anxiety? Like what happns when you have such an attack

behappyalways343
May 9th, 2015, 01:28 AM
1. Take a deep breath.
2. Ask the teacher to leave or just go to the bathroom.
3. Get a drink of water.

If it's a really bad one just go tot he nurse. If it's a mild one, follow the steps above. It may take time for the effects to settle but time is one of the only remedies (besides medications). It's hard but you must learn to not allow anxiety attacks to rule your life.

I agree with your post.