PDA

View Full Version : Is this weird?

coolweeb
February 1st, 2015, 11:47 PM
The majority of my friends drink and go out to parties and stuff, and a few of them have smoked and all that. Is it weird I don't want to do any of that? Like obviously it isn't a bad thing, but I would have thought I'd be at least curious about what it's like to be drunk or high. I have no desire at all to be honest. Just wondering, thanks!

CanadianJake
February 1st, 2015, 11:51 PM
The majority of my friends drink and go out to parties and stuff, and a few of them have smoked and all that. Is it weird I don't want to do any of that? Like obviously it isn't a bad thing, but I would have thought I'd be at least curious about what it's like to be drunk or high. I have no desire at all to be honest. Just wondering, thanks!

It's not weird at all! truthfully I think it's good that you don't wanna or have an interest in doing it. I've got no desire to drink or do anything of that as well. You can have plenty of fun without doing those sort of things :)

Babs
February 1st, 2015, 11:53 PM
Nah, it's not weird.

SethfromMI
February 1st, 2015, 11:54 PM

not weird at all. I am on the football and baseball teams. a lot of my teammates get involved in that stuff, but I don't

Elysium
February 2nd, 2015, 12:16 AM
I feel the same way. My friends never got into it, but I know plenty of people do and I've never been particularly inclined to follow at all. As long as you don't develop some kind of superiority complex over it (which it doesn't sound like you have), I think you're good :)

Karkat
February 2nd, 2015, 12:26 AM
That's not weird- if anything, it's excellent.

Meh Guy
February 2nd, 2015, 01:54 PM
It's not weird. You've either never been properly exposed to those things, to the point where you choose to try or not, or it's just not your thing. Either way, it's probably better if you don't get involved in that stuff :)

Guitarguy9
February 3rd, 2015, 12:02 PM
If you're not comfortable with it, don't do it. Make your decision and don't apologize for not drinking. you are who you are.

HououinKiyoma
February 3rd, 2015, 12:03 PM
I'd say keeping off those things and staying in good health is much more important than a momentary 'high'...

sisu
February 3rd, 2015, 06:42 PM
Its really good that youre not interested in those things. I also wasnt interested in those things before but i fell to peer pressure and now i like those things. So be warned.

For gods sake never ever do alcohol, weed or other shit no matter what anyone tells you. Live a good life.

Unknwn
February 3rd, 2015, 07:56 PM
I'm the same! :D
When I was in high school, I am sure most of my friends and everyone around me had tried smoking at least once, and when I am at family parties, I'm always the only one not drinking.
To others it might seem weird, but I don't think it's weird :)

Jour_Nuit
March 6th, 2015, 11:31 AM
I don't drink, I only smoke ... one cigarette/day maybe ..some days nothing....

otaku1998
March 6th, 2015, 01:19 PM
Not weird. I've only had a drink once and that's cause one of my older friends let me try. Did not like it at all.

PinkFloyd
March 6th, 2015, 01:41 PM
I wouldn't call it "weird." Depending on where you live, it could be irregular for your age group, but no, it's not weird at all.

jssixna
March 7th, 2015, 04:28 AM
It's not weird. It can actually be a good thing.

marrisa
March 10th, 2015, 10:45 PM
It's not weird at all.I've never smoked weed or ever had a sip of alcohol.Good for you!

drhalsey1
March 11th, 2015, 12:55 AM
I think it is great you wouldn't want to try it, I can picture a couple of my friends trying stuff like that in the future, but I would never follow, I think the idea of drugs, alcohol, and smoking is nasty

IconoclasticHeretic
March 14th, 2015, 12:48 PM
If by weird, you mean different or unheard of, no. You are every suburban parent's dream child and there are many communities of straight edge people that would welcome you into their fold. Draw some x's on the backs of your hands and keep your sense of moral superiority in check and you'll be just fine.

tasminsmith
March 14th, 2015, 03:21 PM
your obviously have common sense thts all

Periphery
March 15th, 2015, 01:04 AM

Being in exactly the same position, I can say that it's not weird. I'm the only one in my class who never goes out. So it's completely normal.

Pulp501
March 31st, 2015, 03:14 PM
At 14, I had no desire to try drugs, and most of my friends didn't either so no its not weird, now that I'm 17 most of us have done drugs so maybe you will get curious but hopefully not.