PDA

View Full Version : Religion Forum(s)

Excalibur
January 29th, 2015, 11:41 AM
What if there was a forum just for talk about Religions? There could be even Sub-Forums for different religions: Christians, Buddhists, Muslims, Islams, etc. These would hopefully not be a place for Debate, but for where people of the same Religion could talk and fellowship in unity and have mini-studies for the Bible, Quran, or whatever texts they have. But I do understand if this has been considered and decided against, because it COULD be a place for unnecessary debate and possibly even cyber-bullying and denial, so I understand if this wouldn't be the best idea for VT. But I think it would be nice to have, and if Moderated right, could be a peaceful place. :) Thank you for taking the time to read this and for your consideration.

Deleted User
January 29th, 2015, 12:09 PM
While in theory, this would be a great idea, I think on this forum it would be a potential disaster. There have been threads made about religion in TWPR if they were not meant as debates and honestly, they seem kinda rare as it is and they rarely stayed civil in my experience.

Maybe once you meet the requirements, you could create a member diary if you were willing to keep an eye on that... or there's probably several groups on the site you could join (though I don't know how active any of them are these days).

But yeah, something about this just screams disaster to me. Even on a religious-based forum full of adults, you're gonna have problems. I think on VT it would just be a lot to police to make sure everyone is being polite and civil.

(Also, on a side note, just so you know, the white text is nearly impossible to read on lighter themes and I had a really hard time reading this post.)

Uranus
January 29th, 2015, 12:25 PM
I agree with Carmilla
Most religions topics are generally held in ROTW(Ramblings Of The Wise) and occasionally in The White Padded Room. Almost every single one of them were shot down or a major argument took place. So I can more than likely assume that if we did have a new forum dedicated to religious topics, it'd be just the same as in the TWPR and ROTW and, obviously a waste of time and forum. If you want you can use a member diary, probably your own and see how it would work there. And if there are offensive posts you can simply delete them. Overall it's a good idea, but with what can happen...not likely gonna happen.

I'm not against the idea, I'm just considering what can happen.

azure moonstone
January 29th, 2015, 12:30 PM
Like others have said - most things that have to do with religion are either in ROTW (the debate forum), or start off somewhere else (usually TWPR) and end up in ROTW anyways after debates break out. To be honest - I don't believe there is enough activity just based on the topic of religion, at least on VT anyways, to warrant a forum of its own.

Periphery
January 29th, 2015, 01:13 PM
Just...please don't. Many religious threads tend to take a turn for the worst quite soon after being made, this simply won't work out.

Lovelife090994
January 29th, 2015, 03:47 PM
If there was page for one religion and it wasn't Christian then Christians would be angry. Religion forums never work out on a site with everyone on it. Humans are so primitive, we look at differences rather than transcend them.

Excalibur
January 29th, 2015, 05:21 PM
Thank you all for taking the time to read this Suggestion and responding. Like I already said, I understand that it wasn't the best idea. I just wasn't sure exactly how things are here at VT (since I'm still relatively new here), so I didn't know if it was or wasn't at all probable. And Carmilla, about the color, I'm sorry about that but with the default theme (I honestly didn't know there were other themes), they grey kinda looks plain and boring and I like the look of White on this Theme, but I'll definitely take that into consideration. But as for the Religion Forum(s) idea, I completely understand. Admins, you may close this thread, if you want to. I don't see how it could be very beneficial from now on. XD

azure moonstone
January 29th, 2015, 05:28 PM
Locked at OP request. :locked: