PDA

View Full Version : Other Disorders/Anxieties out of a larger Anxiety?

BKchickenFries
January 28th, 2015, 09:46 PM
Is it possible to have other mental disorders or anxieties that stem from one major anxiety?

I have a major anxiety about change, and over the course of my life I have either developed or discovered (not sure) that I have OCD and I am claustrophobic. I don't know if I developed these things as I internally suppressed my anxiety about change, or if I discovered these things exist while suppressing my anxiety about change.

What do you guys think? Does this make any sense?

Thank You

James Dean
January 29th, 2015, 06:04 AM
Yes it is possible, but we can't diagnose you either way. We can only discuss ways to cope and deal with any issues you may be experiencing. It is best to see a professional doctor for further assistance. But we can definitely talk and get to the root of it all. You are not alone I suffer from anxiety and depression sometimes.

BKchickenFries
January 31st, 2015, 11:48 AM
I know. I just wanted to see if this was common and it wasn't just me going crazy.

Thanks

ImCoolBeans
January 31st, 2015, 12:43 PM
Yes it is possible, and is somewhat common. These disorders are called co-morbid. Comorbidity is common with mental illnesses/disorders because symptoms of certain disorders may be the same for others, and have the possibility to manifest into something larger.