PDA

View Full Version : A Quick Reason To Be Thankful

Excalibur
January 28th, 2015, 12:51 PM
Ello mates, I thought since this is the "Uplifting Stories and Messages" forums section I would share a quick reason to be thankful with you:

We are human. We are actual human beings. There are literally millions of other living organisms we could be, we could be a dog, a dolphin, a shark, a minnow, a bacterium, algae, a fly, a bird, literally anything else, we could have been. But we are actually human beings, with a soul, a spirit, a mind. We are probably the best, most well-functioning living organism in the entire freaking universe. We have arms, we have legs, we have opposable thumbs! We are so so soooo lucky to be an actual human being, and we shouldn't take that for granted. There's about a 1/1,000,000 chance that we would be destined to become a human, yet here we are.

Anyway, I hope that at least made you think a bit, even if it didn't make you specifically thankful. Thanks for taking the time to read this. :)

Have an amazing day.

ImCoolBeans
January 28th, 2015, 11:37 PM
Thanks for sharing that. It's a topic I think about often :) I hope others find it as inspiring as you and I do.

amgb
January 29th, 2015, 08:25 PM
This is a really nice reason to be thankful. We should all be thankful that we are human:)

Uranus
January 29th, 2015, 09:16 PM
This is a great thread. It's really uplifting and encouraging

Hideous
January 30th, 2015, 06:28 AM
Thank you, this is inspiring and it made me happy.

Meh Guy
January 30th, 2015, 12:21 PM
Nice, thanks for this post

Body odah Man
January 30th, 2015, 01:31 PM
Ello mates, I thought since this is the "Uplifting Stories and Messages" forums section I would share a quick reason to be thankful with you:

We are human. We are actual human beings. There are literally millions of other living organisms we could be, we could be a dog, a dolphin, a shark, a minnow, a bacterium, algae, a fly, a bird, literally anything else, we could have been. But we are actually human beings, with a soul, a spirit, a mind. We are probably the best, most well-functioning living organism in the entire freaking universe. We have arms, we have legs, we have opposable thumbs! We are so so soooo lucky to be an actual human being, and we shouldn't take that for granted. There's about a 1/1,000,000 chance that we would be destined to become a human, yet here we are.

Anyway, I hope that at least made you think a bit, even if it didn't make you specifically thankful. Thanks for taking the time to read this. :)

Have an amazing day.

I dunno. I'd like to be a fish I think. But thanks for wishing us an awesome day

Excalibur
February 2nd, 2015, 11:13 AM
I dunno. I'd like to be a fish I think. But thanks for wishing us an awesome day

Hahah, would you actually? A fish's life is actually pretty dangerous, and pretty emotionless, soulless, it's just swim around, and try to survive. But hey, to each their own.

Body odah Man
February 2nd, 2015, 12:08 PM
Hahah, would you actually? A fish's life is actually pretty dangerous, and pretty emotionless, soulless, it's just swim around, and try to survive. But hey, to each their own.

Yeah but it's innocent and free of worries mostly as I envision fish. (the non-predator fish). That right there appeals to me

LoganP1
February 2nd, 2015, 11:20 PM
I've been having a pretty poor day, and reading this was quite uplifting, and enlightening. Thanks for sharing.

amybah
February 4th, 2015, 07:58 AM
Really uplifting, thank you :)

Isabella_
February 13th, 2015, 10:58 AM
Well woke up alive
#winning

Failed Algebra
February 16th, 2015, 04:26 PM
a good thought. hard to keep in mind, though, when you read the daily headlines

Jem310
February 20th, 2015, 10:31 PM