PDA

View Full Version : Historic Northeast Blizzard

Thunderstorm
January 25th, 2015, 09:26 PM
They are calling this a potentially "historic" blizzard. Up to 3 feet of snow in some locations. Hurricane Force Wind warnings here on Long Island. I have midterms this week so they're probably going to be canceled. Anyone else stuck in this storm?

Elysium
January 25th, 2015, 09:48 PM
They always like hyping this stuff up, and then it turns out to be a light dusting. I'm not believing anything until it actually starts snowing.

Uranus
January 26th, 2015, 09:31 AM
^ Hahaha I agree with Elysium. Last summer in Indiana they predicted that they were going to have a big big big winter. (They usually get 2-4 feet of snow)
What did they get? Barely a foot with rain :P

Hideous
January 26th, 2015, 10:25 AM
I don't really care if it's 3 feet, I hope my tv works during this time, or at least the wifi.

Thunderstorm
January 26th, 2015, 10:35 AM
They always like hyping this stuff up, and then it turns out to be a light dusting. I'm not believing anything until it actually starts snowing.

^ Hahaha I agree with Elysium. Last summer in Indiana they predicted that they were going to have a big big big winter. (They usually get 2-4 feet of snow)
What did they get? Barely a foot with rain :P

Well, it's already started snowing here. I see how you could be skeptical but it's very hard for meteorologists to predict this stuff. If the NWS predicts 2 feet (which they are) it will most likely be around 2 feet. Regardless of how bad it is, people should take precautions.

PinkFloyd
January 26th, 2015, 10:43 AM
Today on my way to school, I was listening to the radio and they were talking about it. Several flights out of Minneapolis-St. Paul intl. Airport have been cancelled.

Emfinite
January 27th, 2015, 11:14 AM
Ah ha just sitting inside just came in from shoveling walk with sister.driveway done also.time for cocoa...

ImCoolBeans
January 27th, 2015, 11:26 AM
While we did get quite a bit if snow it definitely was not historic. We got about a foot, and might get a few more inches today, but definitely nowhere near 3 feet.

Deleted User
January 27th, 2015, 12:06 PM
Gotta love Americans' reactions to snow. We got a good three feet of snow last year, not a huge deal. Nothing like that yet this year but it's been surprisingly mild (not that I'm complaining).

Uh, good luck?

Perfectly Flawed
January 27th, 2015, 01:36 PM
Gotta love Americans' reactions to snow. We got a good three feet of snow last year, not a huge deal. Nothing like that yet this year but it's been surprisingly mild (not that I'm complaining).

Uh, good luck?

Well it was apparently going to be three feet in one night. That was the hype train.

Deleted User
January 27th, 2015, 03:10 PM
Well it was apparently going to be three feet in one night. That was the hype train.

Again, we had that last year. It was not some big hype. You'd swear you people had never seen snow before (and I know you have) :P

Thunderstorm
January 27th, 2015, 06:02 PM
Again, we had that last year. It was not some big hype. You'd swear you people had never seen snow before (and I know you have) :P

You also live in Canada, no offense :P
A girl who moved here from Canada said our winters are so much milder than where she is from.
So, here in Southeast NY, we don't have brutal snows too often. We are near the coast, so winters are pretty warm. So yes, we haven't seen storms like this very often. We have winters with no snow and 70 degrees temperatures (recently) and winters with blizzards (this year). However, it's usually a mix, with occasional warm days and occasional moderate snow (5-10 inches).

Hideous
January 27th, 2015, 06:52 PM
It was actually really bad last night. Really windy, and no one was outside. The next morning I woke up to see the concrete floor (which I can guess everyone in the neighborhood got off their booty to shovel).

cookiemonstermatt
January 27th, 2015, 07:31 PM
So much fail in this storm. lame.