PDA

View Full Version : Healthier alternatives to cigarettes

sisu
January 24th, 2015, 09:19 PM
So i was just wondering if anyone else here has gotten off cigarettes with some other, safer form of tobacco or other nicotine product.

I personally smoke much less nowadays with the help of snus. I not talking about the american stuff. I mean the real SWEDISH snus. I worked my way up to two packs a week, but recently ive been using snus alot more and its gotten me almost completely off cigarettes, i still have a smoke now and then but then its mostly a social experience.

I really like Ettan loose, Skruf stark portion and Rocket strong mint portion.

Im not here to promote or advertise. Im just asking if there are other people who have quit or reduced smoking with some other alternative.

Guitarguy9
February 3rd, 2015, 12:03 PM
There is no safer type of cigarette. Don't start because stopping is super hard.

JamesSuperBoy
February 3rd, 2015, 12:32 PM
Is it a "social experience"

But for sure good to cut down or cut out.

SethfromMI
February 3rd, 2015, 12:59 PM
there is no great alternative. tobacco is harmful plain and simple

Uranus
February 3rd, 2015, 01:58 PM
There is only E-Cigs which I can think of. Just water vapor which can even taste better (Depending which products you buy) than a normal cig.

Leprous
February 3rd, 2015, 03:13 PM
There is only E-Cigs which I can think of. Just water vapor which can even taste better (Depending which products you buy) than a normal cig.
Still not healthy though..

sisu
February 3rd, 2015, 06:35 PM
There is no safer type of cigarette. Don't start because stopping is super hard.

Yeah i probably should have said that its a smokeless tobacco product which is pasteurized instead of fermented, so it has almost no carcinogens. I probably shouldnt have started and now i know how hard it is to stop, but my parents are pretty ok with it and im not interested in quitting. And i agree that its not healthy but there are many things that are worse.

Uranus
February 3rd, 2015, 10:24 PM
Still not healthy though..

Still healthier than a standard cigarette. Besides it's only water vapor

phuckphace
February 3rd, 2015, 10:55 PM
seconding the e-cig suggestion. nothing containing nicotine is 100% harmless or healthy, of course, but significantly less so than regular tobacco cigs.

nicotine itself has some recognized health benefits, in fact. it's just that the usual method of delivery (smoking/chewing tobacco) often causes enough harm to outweigh the benefits.

Serzh98
February 4th, 2015, 02:53 PM
E-cigs annoy me..
If you wanna smoke, smoke real cigs, and not some chemical shit.

Otherwise, I recommend Toscanello Cigarilos, if you can buy them in Finland.
They have nice taste, they last for 20-30 mins and you don't inhale it. 1 per day is enough.
It's not healthy, but still better than cigarettes.

Stronk Serb
February 8th, 2015, 02:42 AM

As a chain smoker I agree.

seconding the e-cig suggestion. nothing containing nicotine is 100% harmless or healthy, of course, but significantly less so than regular tobacco cigs.

nicotine itself has some recognized health benefits, in fact. it's just that the usual method of delivery (smoking/chewing tobacco) often causes enough harm to outweigh the benefits.

If you really want to stop, throw the cigarettes and the lighter away and
forget about it. Also, it doesn't matter what brand you buy, all are unhealthy. Due to my chain smoking I buy Sarajevska Drina from Bosnia, it's pretty cheap and the taste and smell is not bad. I suggest you get a bunch of chewing gum to cope with psychological problems of the addiction. You have an urge to do something with your mouth.

E-cigs annoy me..
If you wanna smoke, smoke real cigs, and not some chemical shit.

Otherwise, I recommend Toscanello Cigarilos, if you can buy them in Finland.
They have nice taste, they last for 20-30 mins and you don't inhale it. 1 per day is enough.
It's not healthy, but still better than cigarettes.

I don't really have the money for that. I managed for a week and a half without cigarettes, the cold sweat every time you pass by a kiosk or someone else smoking was unbearable.

Serzh98
February 8th, 2015, 02:43 PM
It's not that expensive.

One toscanello cigar/ 120 din. kutija ti je 600, 5 kom.
If you're not too opsessed smoker, 1 per day is enough.

Or Moods cigarillos, kutija 5 kom 280 din. But they're a lot smaller, maybe 2-3 per day are enough for hard core smoker.

It's easy for me to say, I'm not addicted (yet), I just smoke them to chill. I avoid cigarettes.

Decim
February 10th, 2015, 05:03 PM
I was able to quit without much effort using an e-cigarette, and not those crappy ones from the corner store.

Invest about $30-40 on a proper starter kit, like a kanger e-vod or similar. Don't just buy the best looking one, buy one that will last long enough for you to quit. Also, there's thousands of different flavors, and different strength in nicotine depending on how heavy of a smoker you are to choose from.

sisu
February 16th, 2015, 02:02 PM
I was able to quit without much effort using an e-cigarette, and not those crappy ones from the corner store.

Invest about $30-40 on a proper starter kit, like a kanger e-vod or similar. Don't just buy the best looking one, buy one that will last long enough for you to quit. Also, there's thousands of different flavors, and different strength in nicotine depending on how heavy of a smoker you are to choose from.

The problem with e-cigs in my country is that its illegal to buy flavors containing nicotine. Its really boring to just play with a e-cig, sure you can do tricks and all that but i atleast get bored quite fast.
If nicotine flavors were legal though, id get one immediatly.

dirtyboxer55
February 16th, 2015, 11:03 PM
have you tried not smoking?

sisu
February 22nd, 2015, 07:22 PM
have you tried not smoking?

Yes. Once last year i tried to quit smoking and became crazy after 2 days.

But now i havent smoked in 9 days which im proud of.

phuckphace
February 23rd, 2015, 02:23 AM
The problem with e-cigs in my country is that its illegal to buy flavors containing nicotine. Its really boring to just play with a e-cig, sure you can do tricks and all that but i atleast get bored quite fast.
If nicotine flavors were legal though, id get one immediatly.

you could fuck the police and order them online. or pick some up in a neighboring country next time you visit. my Finnish friends like to buy alcohol in Estonia to avoid the heavy tax, might be doable that way too!

RandAnonPers
February 23rd, 2015, 06:51 AM
Try quitting i would suggest....XD

Paladino
February 23rd, 2015, 11:49 AM
I would reccommend an ecig, I have had one for nearly 2 weeks and only smoked cigarettes when it has ran out of battery when I was out at the weekends. Only thing is trying to get off them!

sisu
February 23rd, 2015, 05:42 PM
you could fuck the police and order them online. or pick some up in a neighboring country next time you visit. my Finnish friends like to buy alcohol in Estonia to avoid the heavy tax, might be doable that way too!

Yes that would be doable if i could be bothered, but im too lazy. Theres just that something with smoking the real thing.

And btw, Estonia is such a pain in the ass for the Finnish government its funny. The beer is so cheap and you dont even need to buy much until the beer+the ferry trip becomes cheaper than buying from Finland and it keeps getting cheaper with the alcohol taxes rising here. My dad was again last week stocking up.

OSUBuckEyes
March 8th, 2015, 07:50 AM
Running? Lifting Weights? Having fun with friends? SEX?! Anything that gets your heart rate up, makes you happier or healthier?

tovaris
March 8th, 2015, 09:46 AM
Fresh air and walking i say.

Babs
March 8th, 2015, 06:54 PM
Vaping sounds like your best bet.
Most people I know who vaped did for like 2 weeks then just stopped. I don't know for sure, but just speaking from people's experiences, it could help you quit altogether.

TredOut
March 9th, 2015, 04:54 PM
If you wanna smoke something and you want something healthier that won't make you intoxicated you can go with literally any other form of tobacco or vapes. The tobacco in cigarettes isn't an actual tobacco, it's laced with chemicals and that's why it tastes like shit and smells like shit. If you want real tobacco you should smoke pipe or cigars - those aren't as harmful.

KING_OF _99
March 23rd, 2015, 02:07 AM
Shisha/Hookah pens give the pleasure of smoking with all the nasty stuff. Its just harmless water vapor and they come in a variety of flavours.