PDA

View Full Version : Like or a +1?

JerseyGuy
January 24th, 2015, 09:25 AM
Would it be possible to have a like or +1 for posts and people to show support?

Luminous
January 24th, 2015, 09:29 AM
This has been suggested in the past. As long as 'likes' aren't counted in any way so we can avoid it being abused, I support it.

Uranus
January 24th, 2015, 09:38 AM
Are you suggesting that, if we *Like* (As in Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) the thread and/or post we then get plus one to our post count? If that's the case then I don't support it. It can definitely be very abused especially when trying to reach 100 posts to enable the PM system. So I highly disagree. However I do like the liking system idea. I would really support that

Elysium
January 24th, 2015, 09:46 AM
Part of our VT Survey before 2014 ended asked users about a like system. I guess it's still in discussion, but the response seemed to be more on the negative side.

azure moonstone
January 24th, 2015, 09:59 AM
Are you suggesting that, if we *Like* (As in Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) the thread and/or post we then get plus one to our post count? If that's the case then I don't support it. It can definitely be very abused especially when trying to reach 100 posts to enable the PM system. So I highly disagree. However I do like the liking system idea. I would really support that

I'm pretty sure the "+1" part of that would entail a visible counter of likes, and nothing to do with post count.

Uranus
January 24th, 2015, 10:01 AM
or +1 for posts?

I'm pretty sure the "+1" part of that would entail a visible counter of likes, and nothing to do with post count.

Ahhh well, you see that part confused me. But I see now :P
However I really do like the idea of a like system.

JerseyGuy
January 24th, 2015, 10:07 AM
+1 = like in Google+ and Google Play. It's like support, but not meant to up post counts. You should also see who did it

Typho
January 24th, 2015, 12:31 PM
As long as 'likes' aren't counted in any way so we can avoid it being abused, I support it.
I'm agree

Frank from Jersey
January 24th, 2015, 12:57 PM
Yeah, no need to count likes.

It would be cool because you could support someone who's putting it all out there, or who's going through some shit, you know?

kryptonite
March 19th, 2015, 08:03 PM
I'd support a "user likes this post" system.

What I would NOT support is anything like an anonymous system with negative feedback like from the past. It'd be too easy to hit the negative button and type in a hateful/harmful message and be anonymous.