PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety Attack

Gumleaf
January 22nd, 2015, 07:10 AM
So today I had yet another anxiety attack. It was at work which made things even more awkward, although working alone I was able to hide it but missed a few 'jobs' (without giving away the details of my work). I could sense it going to happen yesterday, but it didn't. I knew I should of gone off sick from work today, but I didn't. Rapid breathing, rapid heart beating and a full body sweat from the waist up for about a minute. I've had a headache and felt really off for the rest of the day. It wasn't the worst attack I've had, but pretty bad. With so much negativity in most aspects of life, lots of unhappiness and stress about some things, this was no real surprise. But i'm just over it. I want to be at least somewhat normal. I'm going to be forever lonely and alone if I can't sort this, and right now I can't. I hate everything right now, but I guess one saving grace is that I can hide all this from people relatively well. I hope I can calm down now.

LoganP1
February 3rd, 2015, 07:04 AM
I find that usually a brief session of relaxed breathing and meditation calms me down when I feel like I'm on the verge of having an anxiety attack. It's usually pretty effective, and slows the mind down so everything isn't racing so quickly.

rdaniel
July 8th, 2015, 07:24 AM
breathing in pocket regurally for one minute and tellown i am relax.

jennyem
August 18th, 2015, 08:22 AM
I agree, heavy breathing and meditation helps!