PDA

View Full Version : My New Signature

maniamsmart
January 22nd, 2015, 04:56 AM
So, in my most recent blog post (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/blog.php?b=41240) I talk about my new signature, and the reason behind it. But I just wanted to show it off here in this part of the forum and see what you guys think about it. I know it isn't anything crazy or heavily designed, since it's just a bunch of renders and a little texture, but I'd just like a rating for it, and any suggestions if you have any :)

Saint of Sinners
January 22nd, 2015, 07:47 AM
Damn son, where'd you find this?:D

That's pretty awesome looking. Congratulations on the neat sig!

maniamsmart
January 22nd, 2015, 08:39 AM
Damn son, where'd you find this?:D

That's pretty awesome looking. Congratulations on the neat sig!

I didn't find it anywhere, I designed it :P Thank you though :)

Typhlosion
January 22nd, 2015, 08:42 AM
It's pretty nice, but why was Gandalf's hat palette so reduced? Also a few stray pixels between the rabbit-girl's ears.

...Wait...

Why is this a GIF? :P

maniamsmart
January 22nd, 2015, 08:50 AM
It's pretty nice, but why was Gandalf's hat palette so reduced? Also a few stray pixels between the rabbit-girl's ears.

...Wait...

Why is this a GIF? :P

I have no idea why the hat was so reduced, I noticed that too, but it was the only good render of Gandalf that I could find, so I just went with it. And I now see the small pixels there too, but meh, good enough :P

And oh, about the .GIF, I wrote about that in my blog post there. Not sure why the site didn't like .PNG format, it gave me a black background, only .GIF gave me a transparant background.

Saint of Sinners
January 22nd, 2015, 08:50 AM
I didn't find it anywhere, I designed it :P Thank you though :)

It's a reference:P don't mind me just being obscure and weird lol

Deleted User
January 22nd, 2015, 04:36 PM
A little pixel-y but hey, not bad.

Uranus
January 22nd, 2015, 05:08 PM
That's really cool, man

maniamsmart
January 22nd, 2015, 05:22 PM
A little pixel-y but hey, not bad.

Thanks :) And yeah I noticed that as well, I couldn't find any small high quality renders and I had reduce the size even more because signatures can only be so big.

That's really cool, man

Deleted User
January 22nd, 2015, 05:25 PM
You can probably soften the edges a bit in Photoshop? Not impossible.

maniamsmart
January 22nd, 2015, 05:28 PM
You can probably soften the edges a bit in Photoshop? Not impossible.

Yeah, I had forgot about that. Thanks for the tip, I'll see if I can fix it up or do a rework of it.

Deleted User
January 22nd, 2015, 05:31 PM
Yeah, I had forgot about that. Thanks for the tip, I'll see if I can fix it up or do a rework of it.

No problem. I mean, it looks fine, the rough edges are just a bit harsh and distract from the text imo. (That's another thing, you text just seems... more in the background. Personally, I might have thinly stroked it again with white or a light grey/chrome but don't do it if you think it looks silly, lol.)

maniamsmart
January 22nd, 2015, 05:32 PM
No problem. I mean, it looks fine, the rough edges are just a bit harsh and distract from the text imo. (That's another thing, you text just seems... more in the background. Personally, I might have thinly stroked it again with white or a light grey/chrome but don't do it if you think it looks silly, lol.)

I actually tried a white stroke and I didn't like that much, that's why I picked black, thanks for the feedback though :)

Hideous
January 22nd, 2015, 07:02 PM
Looks great! I see battle bunny Riven, and I think the girl from Final Fantasy? :P

maniamsmart
January 23rd, 2015, 12:17 PM
Looks great! I see battle bunny Riven, and I think the girl from Final Fantasy? :P

From left to right: Yuna (Final Fantasy X), Auron (Final Fantasy X), Gandalf (Lord of the Rings), Eminem (Music), Battle Bunny Riven (League of Legends). So yes, correct! :P

DoodleSnap
March 2nd, 2015, 06:48 PM
Bit late, but that looks great! Nice self-appointed title of 'Adviser' :P