PDA

View Full Version : lonely and depressed

gothy
January 13th, 2015, 04:36 PM
So some may say that having a girlfriend isnt important . To me it is.im 18, and been single for 2 years. I see so many with gfs. And i feel horrible. I don't know. I just hate being alone. So much. Help please

SethfromMI
January 13th, 2015, 10:08 PM
well...is there anyone you know you may be interested in dating? o somewhere you can go to meet some new people?

James Dean
January 15th, 2015, 01:50 AM
Be happy for who you are and love yourself. There is so much more life has to offer than just romance and being in relationships. If one comes along, great, if it doesn't, okay. Be optimistic and believing in yourself buddy. You'll be okay. :)

Deschain
January 15th, 2015, 02:16 AM
It does suck to be alone sometimes. I know what its like to just want someone to be close to. I know it sounds wierd, but even finding someone on the internet for physical contact isn't completely out of the question. Obviously you'd want to meet them in public first and take all those precautions but you can alwaus find someone who's looking for the same thing. Or even if its just a friend. Like even a male friend. Judt cuddling for a few minutes helps. Or a long hug. Its possible to find satisfaction out of simple contact that's not romantic in nature. And its definitely a step towards feeling better.

Lottie
January 20th, 2015, 05:35 PM
I know whats like to be alone and its really crap. I found that when I'm really desparate to be in a relationship then nothing happens, but when i just chill out and enjoy life as much as possible then people seem more interested. So it may sound crazy but i would say try to relax and have fun and eventually something wil happen

Deleted User
January 21st, 2015, 03:58 PM
I know whats like to be alone and its really crap. I found that when I'm really desparate to be in a relationship then nothing happens, but when i just chill out and enjoy life as much as possible then people seem more interested. So it may sound crazy but i would say try to relax and have fun and eventually something wil happen

This is actually incredibly true.

No one wants to date the super desperate person. It's smothering and it's not real. You don't want to be in a relationship for the sake of being in a relationship. It's hard and we all get lonely and want someone like everyone else but you have to be patient.

Learn to enjoy what life has to offer you when you're on your own. Strangely enough, the moment you start becoming okay with that, you'll probably start opening more doors in the dating world because it's not this urge to rush in and get together with someone. It's more carefree.

Remember, a relationship is about enjoying it, not just having it.

It's normal to feel this way but remember it won't be like this forever and that there are a lot of things you can do in the meantime. Don't wait for someone else to do all the things for you that you want. Start treating yourself and making yourself feel good and when someone comes along then you have someone to share that with.

gothy
January 25th, 2015, 12:59 PM
This is actually incredibly true.

No one wants to date the super desperate person. It's smothering and it's not real. You don't want to be in a relationship for the sake of being in a relationship. It's hard and we all get lonely and want someone like everyone else but you have to be patient.

Learn to enjoy what life has to offer you when you're on your own. Strangely enough, the moment you start becoming okay with that, you'll probably start opening more doors in the dating world because it's not this urge to rush in and get together with someone. It's more carefree.

Remember, a relationship is about enjoying it, not just having it.

It's normal to feel this way but remember it won't be like this forever and that there are a lot of things you can do in the meantime. Don't wait for someone else to do all the things for you that you want. Start treating yourself and making yourself feel good and when someone comes along then you have someone to share that with.

Thank you everyone for your advice and perspective. i feel a bit better now :hug3:

amybah
February 1st, 2015, 07:38 AM
I'm sure that you will find someone. Don't feel pressure, it will be worst. There's allways someone in the world for us!

Don't worry about that :) When you wait less you will find a girl.

Good luck!! :D