PDA

View Full Version : Accepted User Tagging

Uranus
January 13th, 2015, 12:51 AM
Yep! I thought this might be a good idea! Basically, tagging as in you type a users, username in a post, and it is basically quoting. It notifies the user, and they view where they were tagged.

I've noticed that quoting, can take up a rather large amount of space. And sometimes you want to mention someone's comment, but instead of quoting, a tag would suffice depending on the size of quoted/tagged post.

However I do believe that quotes are very helpful in some cases.

I have been mentioned before in threads, but didn't know because I was not quoted. And I think...tagging would be nice. And it's available for Vbulletin I hear.

Horatio Nelson
January 13th, 2015, 01:01 AM
When you quote somebody, you don't have to put the entire post. You can edit the quote so as to make it smaller.

Princess4Life
January 13th, 2015, 01:06 AM
That's a good idea!!

ImCoolBeans
January 13th, 2015, 11:28 AM
I can see why this would be helpful, and don't think it's a bad idea. I'll talk it over with the staff.

Typhlosion
January 15th, 2015, 07:33 PM
So much support to this idea.

SethfromMI
January 15th, 2015, 10:10 PM
I think it is a brilliant suggestion!

Deleted User
January 16th, 2015, 02:45 PM
This doesn't seem like a bad idea at all. I don't think I'd ever use it :P but I'm sure plenty of others would.

Body odah Man
January 17th, 2015, 08:43 AM
Yep! I thought this might be a good idea! Basically, tagging as in you type a users, username in a post, and it is basically quoting. It notifies the user, and they view where they were tagged.

I've noticed that quoting, can take up a rather large amount of space. And sometimes you want to mention someone's comment, but instead of quoting, a tag would suffice depending on the size of quoted/tagged post.

However I do believe that quotes are very helpful in some cases.

I have been mentioned before in threads, but didn't know because I was not quoted. And I think...tagging would be nice. And it's available for Vbulletin I hear.

What's Vbulletin? I support your idea.

Uranus
January 17th, 2015, 08:45 AM
What's Vbulletin? I support your idea.

Thank you! vBulliten is a service which we run VT with. A very good quality service/thingy. Lol

Body odah Man
January 17th, 2015, 08:48 AM
Thank you! vBulliten is a service which we run VT with. A very good quality service/thingy. Lol

Ah I see.

ImCoolBeans
January 17th, 2015, 10:44 AM
This feature has been added. Thanks for the suggestion Bright Nights!

To use it, simply type @usersnamehere and the mentioned user will receive a notification, just like if he or she was quoted in a post, and it will appear in a new profile field, also like quote notifications. If you want to mention multiple users in a post you do not need to use a semicolon or comma to separate them.

Uranus
January 17th, 2015, 10:54 AM
You're very welcome ImCoolBeans (Mike)
I think this will be awesome!!

Cognizant
January 17th, 2015, 01:26 PM
Bright Nights
this is a test. :P
I enjoy Bright Nights in downtown San Francisco.

Uranus
January 17th, 2015, 01:28 PM
Cognizant it works! :D I got ze notification!

phuckphace
January 18th, 2015, 01:22 AM
Bright Nights

guten "Tag"!

Uranus
January 18th, 2015, 01:43 AM
I would like to point out that I was just looking through older suggestions (Just now) and came across this thread:

http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/showthread.php?t=211994

This feature has been added. Thanks for the suggestion Bright Nights!

So, Mike, don't thank me for the suggestion, the credit really goes to the creator of the thread which I have posted. :)
Just like to point that out there, and so no one thinks I'm trying to take credit of someone else's idea :)

maniamsmart
January 22nd, 2015, 09:40 AM
Bright Nights

Awesome suggestion, and this is going to be really helpful to me because I love responding to people but hate quoting so much and making posts so long.

Uranus
January 22nd, 2015, 09:48 AM
maniamsmart thanks! I also hate quoting because it takes forever lol