PDA

View Full Version : What do you do to stay warm?

Thunderstorm
January 7th, 2015, 09:06 PM
Well, it's the dead of winter in the Northern Hemisphere, and here in US it is absolutely freezing! Here in the Midwest and Eastern US, there are wind chill advisories from Oklahoma to Minnesota to Maine and even down to Southern Florida! What do you do to stay warm? I usually bring my heavy wool coat, layers underneath that, gloves and a hot coffee from home.

Bull
January 7th, 2015, 09:19 PM
Yeah, thermal under, jeans, flannel or wool shirt, ski mask, parka, heavy socks and boots, gloves. hand/feet warmers, lots of hot coffee/chocolate.

Uranus
January 7th, 2015, 09:27 PM
I'm never cold. Honestly it can be below zero and snowing and ill be wearing shorts and a shirt

Babs
January 7th, 2015, 10:06 PM
Leggings under my jeans, a long sleeve shirt and a sweatshirt or two, a jacket. I'm lacking in winter gear this year.

Melodic
January 7th, 2015, 11:38 PM
I wear a pair of jeans, a shirt, my boots, and my jacket. I really don't mind which is odd because I live in Michigan.

TheN3rdyOutcast
January 8th, 2015, 06:30 AM
Big fluffy coat, I don't really need layers because my extra pounds take care of that.

jordanhardy
January 8th, 2015, 06:44 AM
I'm never cold. Honestly it can be below zero and snowing and ill be wearing shorts and a shirt

Same here, people are always asking me if I'm cold. It just doesn't effect me that much.

SethfromMI
January 8th, 2015, 09:32 AM
well I don't get super cold. I mean, I wear a coat outside in the winter and sometimes gloves, but often inside of houses and building are so warm here, it is not a big deal. sometimes get hot chocolate or wrap a light blanket or whatever, but it is usually not too bad inside. outside though, when it gets -20 outside, it does get kind of cold haha

Sardonical
January 8th, 2015, 12:05 PM
I am always cold, even in summer, so I pretty much experience the same problem but all of the time. Usually I just put my arms in my jacket, wear scarfs/coats indoors, and hot water bottles.

Wafflenado
January 8th, 2015, 08:21 PM
So, today it was 17F in Texas, and everyone was dying. I usually just wear some long underwear under my normal clothes, maybe a jacket. I have to wear gloves because I have really long, skinny fingers and they get cold very easily.

Silicate Wielder
January 8th, 2015, 09:23 PM
Well, it's the dead of winter in the Northern Hemisphere, and here in US it is absolutely freezing! Here in the Midwest and Eastern US, there are wind chill advisories from Oklahoma to Minnesota to Maine and even down to Southern Florida! What do you do to stay warm? I usually bring my heavy wool coat, layers underneath that, gloves and a hot coffee from home.

It was -40 yesterday, all the other schools are canceling schooldays but my school has refused to thus far. :/

Typically wear Jeans with long johns under them, wool socks <3, a t-shirt because some stores/classes at school have heaters that work too well with a Hoodie over that and then my Heavy faux fur jacket that never fails to keep me warm, and the pockets always keep my hands nice and toasty.

If i'm shoveling snow I wear heavy winter gloves too (I just came back from my second round of doing the whole sidewalk on our property TWICE. it's good exercise shoveling the snow on a guesstimated twenty yards of sidewalk, but I found my gloves don't work too well.

Cognizant
January 8th, 2015, 11:13 PM
Welll, it only gets to about +40 degrees at night here in California so I just go out in a hooded sweatshirt and pants :P

BlackParadePixie
January 9th, 2015, 05:15 PM
heater

Emfinite
January 10th, 2015, 02:48 PM
Just snuggle up with a person you love...

twirlgurl
January 11th, 2015, 09:24 PM
mostly just warmer clothing or my snuggies. I admit, its corny but i have one. And i have my stuffies and baby blanket since forever.

Oh, and cocoa!! I love love love hot dark chocolate cocoa esp with peppermint.

Country Cowboy
January 14th, 2015, 12:29 AM
When I'm out doing stuff, I'll put on a jacket but when I'm inside there's always a roaring fire to keep me warm so I don't wear much inside

Lottie
January 14th, 2015, 10:48 AM
Its pretty cold in the UK, but usually nice and warm in the house. I just like to wrap up in my duvet when its super cold or drink hot chocolate?

Wyatt 13
January 14th, 2015, 03:49 PM
I have to wear always socks LOL

mychalo
January 14th, 2015, 07:35 PM
Heavy coat for outside with layers underneath and gloves. Inside sweat shirt, warm socks and pajama pants and wrap up in a blanket.

Abyssal Echo
January 14th, 2015, 11:09 PM
I wear jeans, long sleeve t shirt, gloves and a hoodie

LITTLEANGEL17
January 17th, 2015, 08:48 AM
heater

And stay indoors

the main man
January 19th, 2015, 09:52 PM
Sit in ice naked jk

Typhlosion
January 23rd, 2015, 12:51 AM
When I was in Germany, where it was actually cold, we had a heater :)

Now I huddle in some blankets if it's really cold. And wear sweatpants instead of shorts.

Deleted User
January 23rd, 2015, 01:24 AM
Perfect plan: don't go out.

(I can get away with that at the moment but not for much longer.)

Plane And Simple
January 23rd, 2015, 01:31 AM
I don't care how cold it is I'll still go out :P I just grab these thermic shirts, a normal shirt, a thick sweater and a big coat, plus a scarf if needed and I'm good to go :)

Beth
January 23rd, 2015, 05:39 PM
Stay inside and hide under a nice warm and cozy comforter.

cookiemonstermatt
January 23rd, 2015, 07:41 PM

i wear long sleeves and a hoodie and socks. i love hot chocolate and coffee too.

Katie_Collins
January 23rd, 2015, 11:27 PM
i usually just wear jeans or sweats with a hoody.

LilEmma
January 31st, 2015, 10:28 AM
I prefer staying indoors in winter, outdoors i just dress according to weather. Simple, really. :)

amybah
February 3rd, 2015, 04:08 PM
I wear hot shirts

makyoch
February 12th, 2015, 08:49 AM
Here in Australia, to remain moderately warm, I take my shirt off and stand outside for 15 seconds.

Isabella_
February 12th, 2015, 09:10 AM
Starr the day nude. Don't wear warm things or use heating
Acclimatise