PDA

View Full Version : Alcohol

Taylor210e
January 7th, 2015, 01:59 AM
Hey guys, I am 18 years old and am a freshman in college. I tend to drink a lot with my friends. Almost every weekend. I tend to drink about 7 beers when we hang out. Do you think this is a problem? I still get great grades, but I always feel the urge to drink on the weekends. I dont feel like it is a problem since a lot of people do it but i was just wondering.

James Dean
January 7th, 2015, 06:19 AM
It might turn into one. Not only are you underage, but that's a lot of drinks and you might get drunk and not be aware of your actions. Just be careful please buddy. :) I would hate for you go get into trouble and mess your education up. I completely understand being with friends and at a party and being in college wanting to experiment, but just be careful and go with your gut feeling to know when to stop, or don't even start at all in some cases.

phuckphace
January 7th, 2015, 09:16 AM
eh, I wouldn't worry about it as long as you're responsible with it. I've heard of people younger than you getting in a lot of trouble with much more than 7 beers.

it's a problem if it interferes with your other responsibilities and obligations, not dependent on what everyone else is doing.

jordanhardy
January 7th, 2015, 09:50 AM
I don't think its necessarily a problem if your not craving a drink throughout the week. If you were then I'd say you've got a drinking problem. Yeah drinking that amount probably isn't good for your body, but it sounds to me that your only doing it because everybody else is. Try having a weekend not drinking and see how that goes.

Dennis98
January 7th, 2015, 09:24 PM
Alcohol is cure for soul and body xD ... Everything in life should have borders , same is with alcohol .. If you can balance to drink and to have good grades , and if it doesn't affect on your other life doings , than continue ..

insanity.
January 7th, 2015, 09:53 PM
I personally don't think you should be drinking so much since you're only 18, but as long as you're doing it responsibly, it isn't that bad. Just remember to take time between drinks to make sure you're not too drunk, and of course, DO NOT DRIVE!!!
Try having a weekend not drinking and see how that goes.

^This too. Make sure it's just a social thing, but if you can't go through without having a drink, chances are there might be a problem.

Bull
January 7th, 2015, 10:02 PM
Seven beers? Not a good idea. Having a beer with a meal is one thing, but drinking for the sake of drinking is not good idea. Because others are doing it is not an excuse for being irresponsible. Be careful, don't drive when you have been drinking that many beers, don't ride with anyone who has either. It is just not smart. Be safe.

SethfromMI
January 8th, 2015, 08:16 AM
well your are underage for drinking for one, so I could not endorse it either way. 7 beers is a lot though. I could see it going in a direction where you could end up doing some damage to yourself and I would just ask you to use caution when making these decisions.

cami
January 8th, 2015, 09:20 AM
it's not a problem as long as you don't make it a problem. just don't get too drunk and do something you may regret after.

Jaseblader
January 11th, 2015, 06:19 PM
Nope I don't think it's a problem

ImCoolBeans
January 12th, 2015, 11:14 AM
If it's not interfering with your life, your grades, relationships, or any other aspects I think it's fine to drink socially, given that you're in college. If you can responsibly drink, aren't going to drive, or let it become an addiction then I would say you don't have a lot to worry about. I know/hangout with people who drink 4-5 nights per week -- we're also in college -- but I think that is way too much. Drinking on the weekends like you explained is fine IMO.

Kate
January 12th, 2015, 02:41 PM
If those seven beers you drink are all on the same day, then my advice would be to change that habit because the amount of alcohol is quite excessive and can cause damage to your liver.

amgb
January 12th, 2015, 07:48 PM
I wouldn't sweat it, just as long as you keep an eye on your alcohol consumption when you do drink. Yeah a lot of people do it but a lot of people also end up going down paths that they wish they hadn't. Everything is good when it's in moderation. Just don't go overboard, yeah

Arsenalfan123
January 13th, 2015, 05:54 PM
18 legal all you want to do is party. There are peopke youbger than you that are a lot worse. If it isnt affecting grades then no

phuckphace
January 14th, 2015, 02:38 AM
If those seven beers you drink are all on the same day, then my advice would be to change that habit because the amount of alcohol is quite excessive and can cause damage to your liver.

I doubt it. your body is actually very resilient to alcohol and tbh it takes a ridiculous amount consumed over a long period of time to cause liver damage. your liver can easily metabolize and fully recover from 7 beers once a week. it would be a concern if the OP were guzzling a handle of strong spirits every single day (I know someone who does that, lemme just say it's a bad idea). but 7 beers on the weekend is nothing.

Kate
January 14th, 2015, 02:37 PM
I doubt it. your body is actually very resilient to alcohol and tbh it takes a ridiculous amount consumed over a long period of time to cause liver damage. your liver can easily metabolize and fully recover from 7 beers once a week. it would be a concern if the OP were guzzling a handle of strong spirits every single day (I know someone who does that, lemme just say it's a bad idea). but 7 beers on the weekend is nothing.

If she drinks 7 beers each week, be it throughout one day or seven, it'll have consequences eventually.

audiophile5
January 24th, 2015, 09:09 AM
The thing with alcohol is that you don't get addicted as easily as you would do to smoking for instance. Maybe you feel like you have to drink because when you go out, you're used to doing it. But I doubt it that of you'd stay home on Saturday night, you'd feel the claws of withdrawal around you.
Your case sounds more like a social kind of drinking (which is not necessarily bad, imo) but you should pay attention, cause if you drink constantly, for a long period of time, you'll only need more and more. And drinking addiction is, from what I hear, very difficult to overcome.

Wyatt 13
January 24th, 2015, 09:55 AM
I don't think is a good idea, try to avoid that stuff.

Dutchstranger18
January 24th, 2015, 10:01 AM
It`s not a problem if you have control over it so

Meh Guy
January 28th, 2015, 10:54 PM
Hey guys, I am 18 years old and am a freshman in college. I tend to drink a lot with my friends. Almost every weekend. I tend to drink about 7 beers when we hang out. Do you think this is a problem? I still get great grades, but I always feel the urge to drink on the weekends. I dont feel like it is a problem since a lot of people do it but i was just wondering.

There is one thing wrong with this, you say you feel the urge to drink. This can turn into a really bad situation really fast. I wouldn't say it's a problem, just monitor your drinking and if becomes excessive, and I'd say you're pretty close to that point already, then seek help or stop. I'd be especially careful when you become legal age (assuming you aren't) and can get alcohol much more easily.

NilnocK
February 5th, 2015, 11:35 PM
If it isn't negatively impacting your life I see no reason to stop. That said be careful with your consumption, addiction is a slippery slope.