View Full Version : Please review this picture

orchadork
January 5th, 2015, 02:34 PM
http://phtotographytm.weebly.com/uploads/2/6/4/5/26454669/1384465_orig.jpg

Hey guys,

I want you to be brutally honest

jordanhardy
January 5th, 2015, 02:44 PM
It's way better than any photo than I have ever taken.

JamesSuperBoy
January 5th, 2015, 02:58 PM
Good pic nature pics can be so difficult to get at all - you just see the bee and need to click.

Post more -

TheN3rdyOutcast
January 5th, 2015, 03:00 PM
Beautiful.

SethfromMI
January 5th, 2015, 03:42 PM
I hate bees and stuff, but it is still a very nice picture

orchadork
January 5th, 2015, 06:04 PM
I do too I got multiple pictures (sports setting :P ) and got out. Anything with stingers or mandibles large enough to see scares me. But the weird thing is I want to do entomology when I get out of school, sooooooo :D

riverboy
January 5th, 2015, 06:09 PM
I like it.

Uranus
January 5th, 2015, 07:24 PM
Even though I dislike bees very much, it is a great picture. Very nice in my opinion.

Bmble_B
January 5th, 2015, 08:17 PM
It looks awesome to me, photography isn't one of my areas of expertise so I can't elaborate.

Wafflenado
January 5th, 2015, 08:22 PM
It's better than a lot of photos I've taken haha. My only thing is that I wish bees didn't move so much so that it wasn't blurry :(. Also, I think you should play around with the contrast, saturation, or exposure to make it a little more dynamic :). Other than those little things, the composition is very nice!

orchadork
January 5th, 2015, 09:40 PM
It's better than a lot of photos I've taken haha. My only thing is that I wish bees didn't move so much so that it wasn't blurry :(. Also, I think you should play around with the contrast, saturation, or exposure to make it a little more dynamic :). Other than those little things, the composition is very nice!

The competition I put it in doesn't allow alteration of the picture at all.

Wafflenado
January 5th, 2015, 09:45 PM
The competition I put it in doesn't allow alteration of the picture at all.

Ah that sucks. Oh well, play with it after the competition. I feel like not being able to edit your photos is very limiting to one's creativity:confused:

queenofcontrariety
January 5th, 2015, 09:53 PM
It's nice but a little editing, which you can't do, would go a long way. The foreground at the bottom is a little too in focus. Not trying to nitpick but the focus is more on the flower than the bee. Still amazing though, bugs are hard to photograph, but I figured because everyone was kinda yessing you it was important to get a little more critical for your own benefit... please don't hate me though, just tryin to help

lightPainting
January 5th, 2015, 11:13 PM
Hey guys,

I want you to be brutally honest

ok ill be brutally honest :guillotine:
uhm yhea...its a cool shot of a bee doing its thing. nothing really special. the colors are pretty flat (not vibrant) and the photo it self is extremely soft, in terms of focus. if im not mistaken, you used the flash which probably explains why the colors seem flat. when it comes to compositions, placing the bee right in the center is not really interesting. I would have place the bee in the bottom third of the photo and shot it landscape instend of portrait.
However, you are off to a good start. And with more practice you will get better and better .
hope this helps -best wishes

orchadork
January 6th, 2015, 03:41 PM
Thanks you two for the advice ^_^

The contest has been over for almost six years. I was also nine so that explains the awkwardness of the photo, I just never got around to editing it.

everlong
January 6th, 2015, 04:19 PM
Not bad, I like it. Better than anything I could do.

Horizon
February 1st, 2015, 11:31 PM
Here's my brutal honesty:
A little post processing (not much, just adding some contrast and maybe some warmth and vibrancy and adjustments, would REALLY carry this picture a long way. Edit the picture after the contest is over and post it for us to see!)

And I agree with a previous poster, the bee is less in focus than the other parts of the foreground, and generally these types of pictures are meant to focus on the bee. However, I do know that bees can leave as soon as they come so you may not have time to really try for it. But keep that in mind next time? Anyways, the composition is pretty nice and exposure is spot on. I look forward to seeing more from you in the future.

suzzysmith2012
February 4th, 2015, 02:01 AM
Its nice, I would have focused on the bee more and blurred the flowers.

LoganP1
February 4th, 2015, 06:20 PM
What type of camera did you use to take this photo? In my opinion, this is a very amateur photograph. There is nothing very distinguishable about it, and the focus is off. Also, it's a bit blurry. This is completely normal for someone who is just starting with photography (though it can also depend on the type of camera you use). Practice a bit more, and you'll get better at it.

lightPainting
February 5th, 2015, 09:01 PM
What type of camera did you use to take this photo? In my opinion, this is a very amateur photograph. There is nothing very distinguishable about it, and the focus is off. Also, it's a bit blurry. This is completely normal for someone who is just starting with photography (though it can also depend on the type of camera you use). Practice a bit more, and you'll get better at it.

the camera does not make a "professional photo" the photographer does. i've taken many amazing photos with a point and shoot

LoganP1
February 8th, 2015, 06:18 AM
the camera does not make a "professional photo" the photographer does. i've taken many amazing photos with a point and shoot

I never said a camera makes a professional photo though. I said in some cases, it can depend on the camera. I had a somewhat decent camera yet it constantly blurred the photos. Once I switched, I saw a positive difference.

Aussie17dood
March 9th, 2015, 01:22 PM
great shot and colour palette is balanced too. have you put it through post edit yet?
could have more contrast to give it more depth - just a thought
more saturation just a hint