PDA

View Full Version : Creepy Facts!

Uranus
January 4th, 2015, 11:00 PM
(Note ~ Not For Those Who Get Easily Grossed Out)

So I like just randomly remembered something and figured I would post it.
Awhile ago, like years when my mother was a child, she and her father was eating together at McDonald's and enjoying a nice meal, and gramps told her that they actually used horse meat for the hamburgers.
And it turns out that a few months later that McDonald's was actually in trouble with the authorities for selling horse meat.

And another similar case of like dog meat.

So...are fast food restaurants...fucked up? Lol
And what is your opinion? Or would you rather have mom cook?

Horatio Nelson
January 4th, 2015, 11:33 PM
Horse meat is actually not as gross as people think it to be and is eaten by many cultures, same goes for dog meat.

Fast food isn't always the healthiest choice, but it's certainly not gross.

Abyssal Echo
January 4th, 2015, 11:36 PM
I'd rather have mom cook.

Uranus
January 4th, 2015, 11:39 PM
I'd rather have mom cook.

Lol same here!

TheN3rdyOutcast
January 4th, 2015, 11:46 PM
Fast food can be pretty good if you choose the right places. McDonalds is basically the bottom of the barrel, except for gas stations and restaurants that operate inside gas stations, they are UNDER the barrel.

queenofcontrariety
January 5th, 2015, 11:06 PM
So horse meat is actually considered a delicacy in french cuisine (be wary if you see a metal horsehead in front of the restaurant because it means they will serve it) it's illegal in the US as are many organs, like traditional haggis I believe calls for lungs which are illegal to be served in the US. As an American I realize how limited out access to exotic meats are, but there are some I don't care to try, but basically if it can be eaten some culture does eat it.

Omniscient
January 5th, 2015, 11:28 PM
Eh, I'll keep eating fast food until I find a body part in my burger. Until then I wouldn't care if I was eating a cow or a person lol.

SethfromMI
January 5th, 2015, 11:32 PM
mmmm Black Beauty

Deleted User
January 24th, 2015, 04:49 PM
Eh, doesn't gross me out that much. I mean it's a bit sickening that they'd be breaking the law just to use a potentially cheaper alternative (don't know if it's actually cheaper but why else would they bother?) but otherwise... shrug.

Typhlosion
January 31st, 2015, 04:04 AM
Gelatin is made out of cow bone.
The red pigment, Carmine, is mate out of smashed insects.