PDA

View Full Version : Visual writing prompt!

JusticeandMercy
January 3rd, 2015, 08:13 PM
http://40.media.tumblr.com/13b5d457236fa9c511b3e108b93ba11c/tumblr_nhk5xsxAbS1st700lo1_1280.jpg

There, that's it. I won't give you any information about this place.
Write me anything at all about it.

By the way, this photograph is mine, and I would appreciate that you not repost it anywhere without my permission. Also sorry that it's kind of grainy; the original was massive. (I'm talking 7952 x 3040.)

audiophile5
January 6th, 2015, 02:11 PM
He had a hard time trying to keep his eyes open because of the strong, cold wind blowing from the North. The thick clouds were a compact mass that covered the sky in its immensity, leaving no patch of blue come visible to the common eyes. He stood there, on those deserted rocks, surrounded only by a few bushes, contemplating the endlessness of the scenery. Quite like the weather did he feel. Grey, emotionless. He wondered how he had got to that point. He could still remember the olden days when he used to laugh so easily at anything that was even but a bit funny. He sighed, remembering that laugh.

Some writer, he didn't know exactly who, said that in life there is a time when you laugh and a time when you remember laughing. How vibrant those words seemed to him then. He couldn't help feeling like the river in front of him: always flowing, never being able to stop and wonder at the beauties of life. Maybe that's the tragedy of human existence. You can never fully comprehend the uniqueness, the complexity of that that surrounds you. You can only realize later, when the details are all fading away in your memory.

He looked at the sky once more hoping that maybe God, upon seeing him half turned around, would decide to finally give him the sign he had been waiting for. But nothing happened. The sky remained the same, colorless. The wind still blew

As he left the land he had been contemplating, he tried to analyze his life. The stupidity, the childishness struck him hard, as a shark takes bites from the human flesh. He ran back behind his wall, quickly refilling the hole with false pretenses, foul hopes and worthless promises.

JusticeandMercy
January 12th, 2015, 07:55 PM
He had a hard time trying to keep his eyes open because of the strong, cold wind blowing from the North. The thick clouds were a compact mass that covered the sky in its immensity, leaving no patch of blue come visible to the common eyes. He stood there, on those deserted rocks, surrounded only by a few bushes, contemplating the endlessness of the scenery. Quite like the weather did he feel. Grey, emotionless. He wondered how he had got to that point. He could still remember the olden days when he used to laugh so easily at anything that was even but a bit funny. He sighed, remembering that laugh.

Some writer, he didn't know exactly who, said that in life there is a time when you laugh and a time when you remember laughing. How vibrant those words seemed to him then. He couldn't help feeling like the river in front of him: always flowing, never being able to stop and wonder at the beauties of life. Maybe that's the tragedy of human existence. You can never fully comprehend the uniqueness, the complexity of that that surrounds you. You can only realize later, when the details are all fading away in your memory.

He looked at the sky once more hoping that maybe God, upon seeing him half turned around, would decide to finally give him the sign he had been waiting for. But nothing happened. The sky remained the same, colorless. The wind still blew

As he left the land he had been contemplating, he tried to analyze his life. The stupidity, the childishness struck him hard, as a shark takes bites from the human flesh. He ran back behind his wall, quickly refilling the hole with false pretenses, foul hopes and worthless promises.I like it. :cool:

Lottie
January 14th, 2015, 11:15 AM

As he left the land he had been contemplating, he tried to analyze his life. The stupidity, the childishness struck him hard, as a shark takes bites from the human flesh. He ran back behind his wall, quickly refilling the hole with false pretenses, foul hopes and worthless promises.

wow! really good! I wish i could write like this

audiophile5
January 23rd, 2015, 10:02 AM
Thank you :)